Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes !!
My Edge just told me the truck is going into regen !! YIKES ! I have had not trouble with the BADP 5" kit until today. I have about 1000 miles on since the install. The temperature just dropped from 5 above, down to 10 below freezing with slush and snow again. Maybe that has something to do with it. I checked the pressure sensor tubes and they still have the caulking I capped them with installed.

I can't see anything disconnected or come undone under there. Is it the pressure sensors that launch it into regen, or is it the EGT sensors in the exhaust?
:CRY:
Can anyone help direct me where to start looking? I don't want to spend too long on my back in the dark under the truck if I can help it.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would say it has to be a wire loose or possibly a faulty box that possibly got water in it. Those things do happen from time to time. I imagine the people at BADP will work with ya and get you fixed up.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Yikes !!
My Edge just told me the truck is going into regen !! YIKES ! I have had not trouble with the BADP 5" kit until today. I have about 1000 miles on since the install. The temperature just dropped from 5 above, down to 10 below freezing with slush and snow again. Maybe that has something to do with it. I checked the pressure sensor tubes and they still have the caulking I capped them with installed.

I can't see anything disconnected or come undone under there. Is it the pressure sensors that launch it into regen, or is it the EGT sensors in the exhaust?
:CRY:
Can anyone help direct me where to start looking? I don't want to spend too long on my back in the dark under the truck if I can help it.

Thanks,
Chris
X2 sounds like the box is giving you some grief. I have drivin my truck in -48 Celcius weather before and no regen for 10,000kms so far with my dpf and egr delete. It also went from +25 Celcius to -8 overnight last week with snow and no regen occured. Check and wiggle all connections.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had this problem before as well bud. I understand your sorrows. Here's what I did. If you have the plug-n-play model I unplugged all my sensors and let it set for about 30 minutes then I plugged them back up. Mine liked to go into regen after I reflashed with my SC. It has been regen free since I did this "reset" of sorts. Now when mine went into regen it'd throw white smoke all over the place and that's how I knew it was in regen - I don't have a fancy box to tell me. However, I wish I did to monitor everything....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very good tips! Thanks to everyone. I ran the truck today and it didn't go into regen once even. I have NO idea what was going on in my trucks little electrical brain. Another weird thing that was also happening was a chime happening intermittently (like the seat belt reminder but just a singe one).

I a suggestion to join the two pressure sensor tubes together. That will make sure there can be no difference in pressure. Things are supposed to warm up over the weekend and I hope to get under the truck. I'll keep you all posted with the results.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
Very good tips! Thanks to everyone. I ran the truck today and it didn't go into regen once even. I have NO idea what was going on in my trucks little electrical brain. Another weird thing that was also happening was a chime happening intermittently (like the seat belt reminder but just a singe one).

I a suggestion to join the two pressure sensor tubes together. That will make sure there can be no difference in pressure. Things are supposed to warm up over the weekend and I hope to get under the truck. I'll keep you all posted with the results.

Cheers,

Chris
Good to here its running better. It almost sounded like the edge wasn't clearing your codes on start up. Do you wait till the displays says DTCs cleared? That constant pinging noise everyonce in awhile is most likely the cat full message from the OH computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts