Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Cummins Forum. I have a few questions that I would like to have answered honestly. I do not want the people who get on here saying things about if you can afford a 50K truck then you can afford blah blah blah. I teach school, farm, and am building a house. With fuel going up I am strapped trying to get through the year with diesel costs for 500 acre farms and the bills I encounter. Not trying to be rude, but I hate that talk.

My first question is this. Which company in your opinion is the best comapny to purchase a kit from? I want a quality kit with great customer service.

What will fuel mileage gains be?

WIll this really help my truck live longer?

What size kit is best? I want a turbo back kit, but do I go 4 or 5 inch kits? Why do you think that?

I want to make the best decision for my truck. I don't want to go crazy with power. I have done that, and now I just want a reliable truck with a bit more power. I am not going to compete, but want to have it when I need it.

Again sorry if you take my entrance sentence the wrong way. No harm is intended.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just start searching the forum man. There is probably more posts about DPF and delete systems than anyother subject on this forum.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I know I'm a 5.9er but HANDS DOWN go to BADP (Bay Area Diesel Performance)!!!! Outstanding customer service and great quality products. I can't give you the numbers your looking for but I know you will not be disappointed with BADP. They're in Baytown, TX. You can order their kits though. IMO anything is better than the stock set up. Good luck :thumbsup

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
My first question is this. Which company in your opinion is the best comapny to purchase a kit from? I want a quality kit with great customer service.

What will fuel mileage gains be?

WIll this really help my truck live longer?

What size kit is best? I want a turbo back kit, but do I go 4 or 5 inch kits? Why do you think that?

I want to make the best decision for my truck. I don't want to go crazy with power. I have done that, and now I just want a reliable truck with a bit more power. I am not going to compete, but want to have it when I need it.

Again sorry if you take my entrance sentence the wrong way. No harm is intended.[/QUOTE]

1. both companies seem pretty good, i have an H&S 5" and love it, easy install and no issues yet after 15000m.
2. already had edge and intake done prior to delete, went from 15.5 to 20.4, @70mph, same trip to work, same hwy, getting over 600m/tank now.
3. will help some, egr is the big one filling your engine with soot.
4. my 5" is near as quiet as stock unless you are under heavy load or playing. egts dropped about 80 average .
:beer

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dude I have had both the 4" and 5" systems and I like the 5" better. I have the HS fooler box on my truck right now and a custom 5" system I made and fitted up myself to the VGT. I like the whole system done also, so I would get the TBE system for sure.

Lots to look at about your choices on the Bay web site, which this day and time all of us like the web sites.

dpf entry

I am not sure if the code free stuff is out yet but if not I am certain its really close, so you might as well get that when you do order what you get.

I would also get rid of the EGR system as well dude if you are worried more about the truck living longer and less about the warranty. I would not waste a minute on the warranty issues and blow that off.
Get you some of the EGR blinds and delete the system all together.
The EGR is the most hostile system on the truck with what it does to the engine oil...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does anyone know if there is somewhere on the internet where i can listen to a sound clip of the 5" BADP TBE? thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Junge61,

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you a clip of my BADP 5" SS TBE.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all. I so appreciate the comments. I am going to order the H and S system today. I guess I will order from PDI. Reason being is the much cheaper price. I am going with the 5 inch. Code free is not an issue. I have the edge so it will clear the codes. I will look at the directions on the egr and remove it as well.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
you take them off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would sugest a four inch kit if you dont plan on building lots of horse power, because its cheaper and Five inch is intended for the guys that are gonna build 500 hp plus, but some guys like the sound of five better to.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I heard 5" makes your turbo spool slower, but wouldnt it spool quicker? What are these pressure tubes your talking about?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
That only would apply to 5.9's not 6.7's

do to VGT turbo.

The tubes are part of stock exhaust. They get removed when you put on 5" TBE.

·
Registered
265 Posts
aight cool cool

·
Registered
53 Posts
i got my exhaust put on today and got a catalyst full message i think because i turned the key on to fast and didnt let it clear codes first is this right, because afterwards i killed it waited a few seconds turn key on and cleared codes and the message didnt come back on

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
you will gain about 20% increase in mpg with that setup a $99 donoldson m90535 will make it quiet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts