Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of wating for my DPF Delete kit soooooo I have an exhaust guy here in Phoenix who does great work and he is going to cut my DPF out and straight pipe it...I'll probably have him do the kitties too...my question being, is the edge the only on the fly programmer for the 6.7 that will clear the codes everytime I start the truck?

If any AZ guys are looking for a shop to install or build a DPF Delete...Performance Muffler on 19th Ave and Catus. Russ will cut the DPF out and put a straight pipe in for $50.00

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I'm tired of wating for my DPF Delete kit soooooo I have an exhaust guy here in Phoenix who does great work and he is going to cut my DPF out and straight pipe it...I'll probably have him do the kitties too...my question being, is the edge the only on the fly programmer for the 6.7 that will clear the codes everytime I start the truck?

If any AZ guys are looking for a shop to install or build a DPF Delete...Performance Muffler on 19th Ave and Catus. Russ will cut the DPF out and put a straight pipe in for $50.00
Like Nick03 said But, you still need a box or something to fool the sensors or else it will still go into limp mode.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Nope the Edge will only clear the soft codes. You need a fooler box in order to straight pipe it. Otherwise you will go into limp mode which means a trip to the dealer.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's B.S. so pretty much I have to wait for my kit then and not just cut the shiz out...WTF!!! There has to be some way to bypass that cheap...isn't there? The Chevy doesn't need a dumb azz fooler box, just an edge to clear codes....

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
That's because the Duramax and Powerstrokes are only 2007 emissions compliant. The Cummins is 2010 compliant so there is a lot more to deal with.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Is it possible to just buy a Fooler Box and then straite pipe it? If so where can you get this box??

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Yes you can buy a fooler box and then make your own pipe, it's going to be more than $50 though. You still need to weld on some bungs for all the sensors into the pipe though. Contact these people: dpf entry

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a friend of mine who just bought an 08 ram 6.7L, he cam up with the bright ideal putting a y-pipeon his between the cats runs under the factory pipe, he took off the muffler and tailpipe, brought the staight pipe up through the bed with 6" turnout stacks, he has no edge, or programmer of anykind, and swears to me on a daily basis that this truck hasn't thrown a single code, yet! I myself have seen the exhaust it looks weird from the bottom , but great from the front with stacks and all, but i can't vouch for the no CELS part!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thank you. good thing I got a welding scholarship... Also, what kind of an increase in fuel mileage will I be seeing with this? and correct me if i'm wrong on this

Fooler box = no limp mode but still code
Edge and fooler box = no codes, no limp?

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so here in the next question. Can I run a Turbo-back kit from the 5.9L as long as I tap it for the DPF lines and get the fooler box?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is this true on the 03 model also, I just ordered an edge juice/ attitude. I was under the impression i could just hook it up and go. The truck was strait piped when I purchased it.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The DPF wasn't untill the 6.7L on the 07.5 models..you are good to go

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok, so here in the next question. Can I run a Turbo-back kit from the 5.9L as long as I tap it for the DPF lines and get the fooler box?
5.9s dont have dpf's. So if you have a 5.9, you can str8 pipe it with no cels. only 6.7s have a dpf!

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude, I know that...I want to know if the turbo back will fit the 6.7L and I'll just buy the fooler box

·
Registered
199 Posts
What does the dpf stand for?

·
Registered
279 Posts
ohh! sorry! my bad! lol. I read it wrong. I thought after that you had an 07 5.9 & wanted to put exhaust on it & thought it had a dpf! :eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
diesel particulate filter

1 - 20 of 33 Posts