Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering doint the 4"Dpf delete from BADP. I have a question though. What are the pros and cons of just doing the cat and dpf delete as opposed to doing a complete turbo back 4" exhaust? Any input would be great.

Thanks Alot

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
well you still have that restriction in the down pipe. you will not get the full benefit of the cooler egt's because of that. the truck will be a bit louder but not that much. even with the 4" tbe the egt's are still not as cool as they are with a 5"TBE exhaust. i am speaking from experience.

First i had the NOx and DPF delete
Then i got the Down Pipe to go with it
Then i bought the 5" TBE Stainless Steel Exhaust

With the 5" i run 900 to 1000 EGT's running down the high way, now i peak around 1250 to 1300. The 4" system i would run 1000 to 1150 and i could still peak at 1500

·
Registered
241 Posts
But what about the loss of back pressure? In the 5.9s you can't go to a 5in unless you are pushing quite a few horses from what I've read.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mattpopp,

What kind of MPG benifit did you observe with the 4" setup as opposed to the 5"?

Thanks

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
14 across the board. it never changes with what i do, it has not made one bit of difference in my truck, 4" system, 4" TBE, 5" Tbe, high way driving or city driving. for what ever reason it makes no difference on my truck. It just sounds cool with the 5" TBE.

·
Registered
395 Posts
But what about the loss of back pressure? In the 5.9s you can't go to a 5in unless you are pushing quite a few horses from what I've read.
I have been running the 5in turbo back exhaust for 4,000 miles now and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever and some other 6.7 owners on here have said the same. I personally think that the 5in sounds and looks better but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
I wouldnt waste the time leaving the factory downpipe in, I think that is the most restrictive piece on the exhaust. The truck will be a lot louder with it gone also.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am considering doint the 4"Dpf delete from BADP. I have a question though. What are the pros and cons of just doing the cat and dpf delete as opposed to doing a complete turbo back 4" exhaust? Any input would be great.

Thanks Alot
I did the 4" turbo back exhaust (kept the factory muffler). MPG has increased about 20% on 5 full tanks. Was tempted to to do just the DPF and cat just for ease of install and remove. Give it a try you can always do the down pipe latter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the down pipe and dpf delete its not as loud as id like but my milage went way up. and my egts are down. and turbo diesels dont need back pressure. the turbo creates quite enough. 5 inch is mostly for sound. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
475 Posts
6.7's will reach 500hp affordably otherwise 5" definately for sound, has to be stainless.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the 4" downpipe and DPF delete, with a Magniflow muffler replacing the stock muffler. I love it. 30% increase in mileage, good sound, little/lot of smoke, great torque. Not enough good things can be said about these kits.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just got my 08 and am new to the electronic controlled CTD's.

I am happy with the power but want to get the best efficiency possible.

Can I run the edge display / monitor and clear codes caused by the DPF delete. ?

What is the recomended setup ?

Who has the best deals on the kits and the readers?

Thanks.

I want to be able to quickly change back to stock for warranty work.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
DPF deletes are available through BAPD (deleteddpf.com) and HS Performance ([email protected]) I personally have the H&S setup. Only way to contact them is through email though. As far as other programmers the Edge Juice w/ Attitude is the only one that will automatically clear codes at startup. With Other programmers you can do it manually. You can go to the Request a Price Quote Section to get prices on the Edge. We have some great site sponsors that offer great deals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts