Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering what your opinion is about deleting a truck with a non-delete friendly tuner. When I got the truck in late 10, I put a Bullydog GT on it without knowing the benefits of H&S, Smarty and so on. Since I have joined the forum I have read on the benefits of deletes so want to see if I can do them on the cheap with SIMS and keeping the tuner for code reading, power, and gauges. I know I am gonna throw a code but figure I can check them in the tuner periodically.
Any help on figuring out if this is possible is appreciated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My opinion If I were you I'd ditch the bullydog I'm sure you can sell it online and get some of your money back. The H&S programmer makes tuning and life so much better. Or keep the bullydog for the gauges and I will sell you my XRT-pro and upgrade to a minimaxx so I can have gauges too:party018: the dpf delete pipe is stupid simple and doesn't cost much so that part is pretty much a no brainer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer, ill think about it. Already has 34,000 on it so am itchin to finally delete it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wonder how much different the hardware really is. Is it possible that an H&S firmware update could change it over? I've always heard H&S is the race division of Bullydog. Just sayin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder how much different the hardware really is. Is it possible that an H&S firmware update could change it over? I've always heard H&S is the race division of Bullydog. Just sayin.
Hmmm... I wounder if that would work? The tuner itself is a replica of a Mini Maxx. I would hate to cheat the system but might as well give it a try. The one thing is though is I wouldn't want to mess it up so I can't use the thing any more.

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Hmmm... I wounder if that would work? The tuner itself is a replica of a Mini Maxx. I would hate to cheat the system but might as well give it a try. The one thing is though is I wouldn't want to mess it up so I can't use the thing any more.
That will not work, totally different software, only thing in common is the hardware.

James
RSD

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did some searching, the tuner(hardware) itself are the same but the software is totally different. From what I read, Bully Dog and H&S actually outsource the actual tuner to a company that makes them. H&S pays some type of royalty to Bully Dog for using it and then they load up their own totally different tunes, they have no affiliation with each other. Basically, from what I have read on some of the Ford and H&S forums, it could be a possibility to send the tuner to H&S, have them wipe the old software and put on their own, for a fee of course.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Live and learn... I forget who I heard that from so I can't set them straight. Sorry for the bad info.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is definitely firmware on the device. That's why you have to update it post download.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts