Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6.7L with H&S DPF delete is basically undriveable and continues to be stuck in regen even after having the batteries unhooked overnight, the edge set on clear CELs, and with the new fooler boxes installed. Has anybody else had a similar problem? Would taking the truck to the dealer to have the computer reset solve the problem? The truck is a 2007 purchased in early 2008. Could my computer be different enough from a 2008 that the H&S fooler boxes won't work? I am in a real mess with a brand new truck that won't run and no local diesel performance shop to take it to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have heard that the sliding orifice in those new turbos gets stuck. I don't know if that is your problem, but it will make the turbo not make pressure. If you have the jake brake as an option, it makes this thing move. I don't have ANY experience with this, but if it was mine, I'd be tempted to pull the tail off the turbo, get some penetrating oil in there and try and get the thing moving.

The dealership advice I have heard is MAKE USE of the jake brake to keep the thing moving freely. Take this with a grain of salt as above experience is noted! :(

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am actually going to try driving it on the highway for half an hour or so. I have been told the fooler boxes will then send the signal it is looking for and the computer will stop the regen. I will let you know how it goes. THanks again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good Luck! I hope that works for you!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove the truck through several regen cycles today with no luck. The truck will stop regen, I clear the codes then 30 minutes later it goes back into regen. This sucks, and I am getting beyond tired of the situation. I basically don't have a reliable way to ride now. The only thing I have left to try is a dealer or Bullydog Powerpup reset of the computer. If that doesn't work, I guess I have to bite the bullet and put the DPF back on.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Have you thought about getting another fooler box say from BADP. I know it would mean alot more money but could fix it so you could drive your truck ??? just a thought.... GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have definitely thought about a fooler box from another company, especially if resetting the computer doesn't work. But I think BADP still actually puts the EGTs back in their exhaust and puts their fooler boxes between the factory connectors. My H&S exhaust doesn't have bungs for the EGTs. PDI has been very helpful so far, so I am hopeful they can get me back on the road. This holiday weekend is just slowing things down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts