Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys need some advice.
im about to order my dpf delete and cant decide to wait for the code free or go ahead and get the kit now, im gonna get the edge anyways so my ? is whats the advantage of the code free if I have the edge with clear code anyways?

and is the egr delete nesesary(i dont wanna ALOTA smoke)

and also mabey some input on h&s vs bapd.
Thanks

· diesel addict
1,246 Posts
well if your gonna have the edge, then if its code free doesn't reallt matter for you. also, you'll save a lotta money w/ H&S versus the BADP, about the value of your edge! I feel that the EGR delete is absolutely necessary, it keeps your motor, turbo and oil clean, allows them to run w/ less load and heat. Also its rumored to give you 2-3 more gpm. as far as H&S vs. BADP? I don't really have any expierence w/ BADP, my h&s kits on the way, as long as you get a new style downpipe w/ zero fitment issues, they're a snap to put on, BADP might be code free, but almost twice the money.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
well if your gonna have the edge, then if its code free doesn't reallt matter for you. also, you'll save a lotta money w/ H&S versus the BADP, about the value of your edge! I feel that the EGR delete is absolutely necessary, it keeps your motor, turbo and oil clean, allows them to run w/ less load and heat. Also its rumored to give you 2-3 more gpm. as far as H&S vs. BADP? I don't really have any expierence w/ BADP, my h&s kits on the way, as long as you get a new style downpipe w/ zero fitment issues, they're a snap to put on, BADP might be code free, but almost twice the money.
:agree2: both companies have a great product. Badp is having some delivery problems, members who placed their orders in May are still waiting and have been told it would be 3 more weeks before they get them. So add that 3 weeks plus a longer wait because you are at the end of the line my friend.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, can someone pm me with a price and number or e-mail where i can get the egr delete

· Registered
2,285 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.