Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my delete on....i have no programmer and was worried about get'n a code....well luckily i have no codes other than the cel for the egr bein unplugged.....i was just curious as to how long after people did the delete they had codes start to pop up......i have the egt sims in and the pressure fooler ....three cranks and 10 miles so far..no codes!!!!!!!!..thanks Jeff

· Registered
121 Posts
Mine went code free for a few days then the overhead started going off about service required see dealer now. I lived with the overhead freaking out for about a month and then one day it just quit dinging. My check engine light stayed on until I got my edge and monitor.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,491 Posts
I was running like you for awhile. I ended up having to manually clear codes every week or so. I used a scanner. You can do it with the 5-key cycle trick. Doing it every week or so would be good. The OHD message comes in about every 15 miles or so IF you are going to get them.

· Registered
54 Posts
like 08greyghost i get the overhead dinging too but i currently have the pressure box plugged in with no tubes of course. when i did the DIY DPF delete i test drove it for 10 - 15 miles right after and had no issues. then the next day i started it to go to work and I had the check engine light on and then a few days later the overhead started chiming in. all the while I had a pressure fooler in (100 ohm tied to a 390 ohm). also I did not have then egr unplugged to see what codes would come up first before I did that. now 2 week and counting with the dpf gone and I checked my codes with the key trick and I get:
p2080 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 1
p242b- Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 3
P2084- Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 2
p2000- NOX Absorber efficiency below threshold bank 1
p244a- DPF differential pressure low
p2453- Particulate pressure sensor A circuit performance
p0405- egr unplugged

currently have the factory downpipe
I have sims made with 330 ohm resistors.
Also i have the AF ECM flash or the 55351435BA ECM flash

Right now the only of clearing these codes is by the 5 times on key trick

what am i doing wrong and are any of these codes hurting my truck? any comments are greatly apprecited
thanks, Joe

· Registered
132 Posts
like 08greyghost i get the overhead dinging too but i currently have the pressure box plugged in with no tubes of course. when i did the DIY DPF delete i test drove it for 10 - 15 miles right after and had no issues. then the next day i started it to go to work and I had the check engine light on and then a few days later the overhead started chiming in. all the while I had a pressure fooler in (100 ohm tied to a 390 ohm). also I did not have then egr unplugged to see what codes would come up first before I did that. now 2 week and counting with the dpf gone and I checked my codes with the key trick and I get:
p2080 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 1
p242b- Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 3
P2084- Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit performance- bank 1 sensor 2
p2000- NOX Absorber efficiency below threshold bank 1
p244a- DPF differential pressure low
p2453- Particulate pressure sensor A circuit performance
p0405- egr unplugged

currently have the factory downpipe
I have sims made with 330 ohm resistors.
Also i have the AF ECM flash or the 55351435BA ECM flash

Right now the only of clearing these codes is by the 5 times on key trick

what am i doing wrong and are any of these codes hurting my truck? any comments are greatly apprecited
thanks, Joe
Dude i get those exact same codes with my truck lol. I believe that most of them are from the pressure sensor, and sims in the exhaust. I wouldnt say it hurting the truck, but i am not to sure so i will be watching this thread.

· Registered
54 Posts
on-off-on-off-on then look at the odometer for codes
on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on to clear codes, at least thats what i've read

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanks...have 250 miles on the delete and still no codes!!!!...its nice get'n over 400 miles to a half tank of gas!!!!!!and thats with some run'n in town!!!!!! again thanks to the guys on this fourm for all your hard work and help'n us guys out who are clueless!!!!....:headbang:

· Registered
188 Posts
Curious,

Is anyone running the DPF delete but keeping the muffler on?

I'm not sure if the delete kit requires that you have to remove the muffler as well or not, but I was hoping to keep mine on.

· Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Curious,

I'm not sure if the delete kit requires that you have to remove the muffler as well or not, but I was hoping to keep mine on.
Yep, you can leave the factory muffler on with either the Stage 1 or Stage 2 DPF kits.

James
RSD

· Regen? What's That??
1,077 Posts
I am.. but its not a stock muffler, I put in a 27" Diamond Eye straight through muffler. Works great.

Curious,

· Premium Member
1,840 Posts
cool thanks...have 250 miles on the delete and still no codes!!!!...its nice get'n over 400 miles to a half tank of gas!!!!!!and thats with some run'n in town!!!!!! again thanks to the guys on this fourm for all your hard work and help'n us guys out who are clueless!!!!....:headbang:
I hope yours workout better than mine. After I did my delete my mileage jumped way up from 13mpg to 21 mpg only lasted about 2000miles now i'm down to about14.5mpg still runs better though.

· Registered
188 Posts
Yep, you can leave the factory muffler on with either the Stage 1 or Stage 2 DPF kits.

James
RSD

Thanks James..you and the H&S guys seem to have top notch customer service from the posts I've been watching in here. Now what about the "stealth dpf", how are folks doing that?

Also, with the DPF delete kit I saw on your site, is it from the CAT back or does it eliminate the cat as well? Heard some folks leave the cat on??? but dont understand why.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.