Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had seen this or used it. Im wanting to stay as stock as possible with my truck for warranty purposes with the exhaust so this looks good to me. Beats a full $800 system for someone who just wants that dpf off.

6.7L DPF Delete Pipe Dodge Cummins with welded bungs

·
Registered
155 Posts
pipe

looks good to me now you just need a bypass module or something to cheat the computer.

·
Registered
838 Posts
still need a fooler box. it'll leave the cat on the down pipe too... other than that i don't see anything wrong with it

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You should still make or purchase a fooler box but you are on the right track.

·
Banned
706 Posts
What is the best fooler box out there? And why not delete all the crap and have straight pipe? Also, what about gutting all that ceramic honeycomb crap out and putting the original pipes back on? Just wondering or asking.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Even with a straight pipe you need to fool the computer. I would strongly discourage gutting the factory DPF. It is a very pricey item to replace if you ever need to.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was planning on getting a fooler box from BADP. I grew up in baytown where they are based and I only live a couple of hours away now. Will I just need to make the downpipe longer to delete the cat or is the one in the link for deleting it too?? I should have no problem getting someone to weld another peice of pipe to that one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
IS this DPF delete pipe useable when replacing the remainder of the exhaust system to a larger one?

·
5,059 Posts
its only 4" so putting a 5" system on with that in place wouldnt bolt right up. Best idea is to get a TBE for a 5.9, buy the race module from BADP, and weld some bungs into the exhaust of your choice.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Why are you guys not building your own fooler box? The info was posted here in the forum many months ago to do it your self.

·
5,059 Posts
The original boxes were only a set of resisters for each EGT probe to trick it into thinking each one was at a certain temp. and passively regening. Thats why you get no regen. I know the newer boxes are a bit more complicated. Like the code free one.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Plus I beleive those post were for the C&C, the pickups are a little more complicated with the NOx filter's and O2 sensors. I tried to build my own fooler box, I took readings at the pressure sensor, exhaust temp sensors, I had it all figured out. I was wrong. Don't know what I did wrong but my truck went into limp mode and my wife made me sleep on the couch. Maybe I've graduated to a parts changer but I'll leave to the professionals at this point.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fooler Box basic = 4 resistors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts