Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere here that if you add
Water/Meth injection, the truck will run much cleaner, and go into regen much less. If that is the case I'd like to go with that option due to inspection issues.
Or is the DPF and EGR delete still the best option?

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I have both and I say go with dpf delete

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, KMK. I see you have the stage 3 Snow performance unit, do you have to use their gauge box, if so , does it work with Edge's monitor?

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
Hey, KMK. I see you have the stage 3 Snow performance unit, do you have to use their gauge box, if so , does it work with Edge's monitor?
ya I use it the egts are plummed into one probe, it cools alot when your stock but doesnt add that much power, it was hard to tell on the dyno exactly how much my numbers where all over the place.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of lower EGT's, not looking for much more in power gains, just want lower EGTs. With that in mind do you still feel that DPF and EGR delete is the way to go?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
The dpf and egr delete with get you the biggest egt drop plus your milage will go up.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Go for the DPF/EGR delete, since you wont have the DPF on there, you wont be pumping exhaust back into the engine.

·
Registered
576 Posts
injecting 760cc's of -20* rated washer fluid while cruising at 65, static throttle imput, my boost will go up 5-8lbs and i will see a jump up to about 75mph, but don't see any change in egt's.
Same situation if i spray 1260cc's it just spudder, cuz combustion quench (too much)... but at 1/2 or more go peddle, the thing takes off!!!
its fun and it would be much more precise if you went with a stage III that regulates all that with map sensors and programs and what not. I've heard tons of good stuff about the PDF delete though. If it was me, i would defiantly go with the delete, hands down

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
one thing to remember you do the dpf and egr delete you will see a gain in power all the time and have a better throttle response, cooler egts and just good clean air running thru the motor. You benifit a lot. With the water meth you have to really be getting on it to so egt drop, but it will not let them go over 1450, plus you have to buy it when you use it and it doesnt jump the power up alot just around 40-50 with a 50-50 mix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts