Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These kits void the whole powertrain warranty right? So how come so many guys are putting them on? How could you afford if you need a new turbo or sumthing and u have to pay for it out of pocket? I really want one too, but if it voids the waranty idk....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
save old parts, put back on, go to dealer and hope they don't notice

chances are your AFE already voided your warranty, at least based on Dodge's point of view

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
These kits void the whole powertrain warranty right? So how come so many guys are putting them on? How could you afford if you need a new turbo or sumthing and u have to pay for it out of pocket? I really want one too, but if it voids the waranty idk....
You make a good point :beer
From what I see there are many people that will try to defraud Dodge by reinstalling their factory parts when stuffhappens. Since the delete company is a sponsor they get good press here :$:

Bob

·
Registered
707 Posts
It will not technically void your entire warranty. If something breaks, they have to determine that it was directly caused by the mod. Dealer told me that a turbo failure can not be blamed on an aftermarket exhaust. But who knows what would happen when it comes down to it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Better ask the dealer and see what mods they're ok w/ first.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you mod your vehicle your going to void your warranty. If it was not directly linked with the mod they cannot void the warranty. Plain and simple. If you dont like the warranty issues then dont do it. I personally see all the problems being with the stuff we are trying to by pass in the first place. My exhaust has been replaced twice before I even modded the truck it needed it done. The turbo also threw the P2262 code before my intake. If they are not going to fix these problems then I will do it for them. The way I look at it it will save them money and me the pain in the of dealing with DODGE.

Bob,
Who is defrauding who? I feel pretty defrauded by having them not put oil back in my truck on the trucks very first oil change. Neither side is perfect pal.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If you mod your vehicle your going to void your warranty. If it was not directly linked with the mod they cannot void the warranty. Plain and simple. If you dont like the warranty issues then dont do it. I personally see all the problems being with the stuff we are trying to by pass in the first place. My exhaust has been replaced twice before I even modded the truck it needed it done. The turbo also threw the P2262 code before my intake. If they are not going to fix these problems then I will do it for them. The way I look at it it will save them money and me the pain in the of dealing with DODGE.

Bob,
Who is defrauding who? I feel pretty defrauded by having them not put oil back in my truck on the trucks very first oil change. Neither side is perfect pal.

No problem man.It wasn't Dodge that forgot to refill your oil.That was a personel problem the dealer had,Sadly for you it doesn't matter your truck went out dry bottom line.:beer
I do understand the frustration the 6.7 owners are dealing with.

Bob

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So u think my intake voided the warranty? Thats Bull crap. I've heard some guys say there dealer doesnt care? Im going to talk to my dealer and ask them. I've heard some pretty impressive numbers put up from the delete systems, also the increase in mpgs. VERY tempting to do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if i add a programmer and what not and my tranny drops, will the warranty cover it or do i have to pay?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Waiting for the delete here ... knowing my warranty is void when I do ... No cover up ... will take my chances ... if it's a mistake on my part ... I'll pay for it. If it's a good decision I'll be happy for 10 years.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
You have to pay to play, I would much rather have a modded truck as mine is then have to be at the dealership on a weekly basis getting my truck desooted. I know i have pretty much kissed my warranty good bye. If i break something out of my own stupidity then i will fix it out of my own pocket. If something fails that is totally un-connected to my mods then yes, i very much expect Dodge to fix it, even if that means me returning the truck to stock form and taking it it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
From what I've witnessed the P2262 code happens with alarming regularity, if dodge try’s to tell me that my exhaust caused my turbo to fail, it won't be hard to prove that they can't prove the exhaust was at fault! Many stock trucks have had this failure. On the other hand, if I blow my tranny, I've already accepted that responsibility, if it's not the trucks fault, I'm not going to even entertain the though of ripping someone off because of my own ignorance. Bob4x4, what gives you the notion that everyone who mod’s there trucks are trying to defraud Dodge? If you don’t like it go gripe about it on DTR! It’s my money and by god I’ve earned the right to spend it how I wish!.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
So if i add a programmer and what not and my tranny drops, will the warranty cover it or do i have to pay?
Odds are you will have to pay for it. For the most part dealers are ok with intake and cat/filter back exhaust but I would check with your local dealer. Most are ok with gauges too.

Also a heads up the Magnuson-Moss Act was primarily written to strengthen the condition guaranteed by the UCC and primarily covers aftermarket replacement parts, not performance parts. Now that is not to say that you could not argue that the M-M act should cover performance parts i am just giving you some food for thought.

If warranty is one of your primary concerns then it would polly be in your best interest to keep the truck relatively stock, Cummins was nice enough to give us a lot of power out of the box:thumbsup

·
Registered
838 Posts
sometimes it's worth the risk. i'd rather pay out of my own pocket and have realiable vehicle, than have my pickup in the shop every other week. i have not had any problems since i did the dpf delete or the egr delete. before all of this was done, i never knew if my turbo was gonna plug and leave me stranded. all in all, it's a gamble, but what isn't?

·
Registered
844 Posts

Bob,
Agreed, they can't void your injector ,etc warranty because you took the exhaust off. I had a dealer try to void my rear pinion seal warranty because I had an intake. I laughed and handed him my lawyers card.

Also, agreed that dodge and the dealers have screwed us more then we screw them so game on! Anybody can make an emissions legal truck but can they do it and get the needed mpg. NO! Cummins is getting EPA credits for making the 6.7L 2010 compliant 3 yrs early but at the expense of their customers.
DPF delete, and 80% biodiesel here I come.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Yeah, I'm fixing to bring my in for some A/C work and you can bet your @$$ i'm going to unload my prog and take off my module! if they ask me about anything I'll deny it to the grave. After all my A/C motor has nothing to do w/ a programmer, so I don't see why'd they even check in the first place..

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Yeah, I'm fixing to bring my in for some A/C work and you can bet your @$$ i'm going to unload my prog and take off my module! if they ask me about anything I'll deny it to the grave. After all my A/C motor has nothing to do w/ a programmer, so I don't see why'd they even check in the first place..
Because Chrysler wants them to check the ECM for data on all warrenty claims.

That way the can tell how many hours are on your truck.

I was at the dealers today and the showed me all the info that the ECM stores.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Will the dealer even work on a modded truck. Mine would not unless I reinstalled my stock air box. I told them to fix it if was the afe that caused the prob. I would pay, if not they could. Just went auto zone erased code and good to go.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts