Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to take the egt probes out of the exhaust WTF?? 13mm is too small 14mm is too big, 1/2" is too small 9/16" is too big. Is there some spicial size made in India I don't know about? I hammered a 13mm on the nut and still stripped it:thud: All this after spraying penetrating oil on last night.
Next question.. Does it matter which wire goes where from the Bay Area delete box to the egt probes? I see a blue wire and brown wire on the factory egt probes. I'm assuming you still keep these probes attatched to the factory harness, but add a splice to it from the delete box?
The instrutions on the deletedpf website are a little vague.
Thanks,
Garry

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Shouldnt matter which wires go where. I dont recall the size of the nut but it was standard. Just lubed it up with WD-40 and it came off. Might try some vice grips then.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
My next step was going to be the vice grips. I oiled it again tonight. I'll try it in the morning. All the sensors except the pressure, stay hooked up to the engine right? I just splice a tee into them with the module wires?

·
Registered
733 Posts
you may want to call BADP. I called and asked about the wiring and I dont recall him saying about spliceing. It should be plug in play.

I'm having mine installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Lori and she said to read the instructions on the website.The instructions aren't clear how to hook up. If they only go to the module, how would the ecu know there is even a fooler on?? I don't get it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
darn, now you got me thinking about it. If you unscrew the sensors from the stock pipe and plug them into the delete pipe, then where does the foler box and wiring harness come into?

I'm taking a trip to Ohio next week in my truck, and I wanted to have this done for the better fuel mileage, lower EGT's, but gosh I may take a 1200 mile detour over to Texas and have BADP install it correctly for me now.

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
One thing my Diesel tech told me was once you have the sensors out ALWAYS use high temperature anti-seize when reinstalling the probes. and do not over tighten them when replacing them, as they are meant to be inspected. Just a small hint. LOL

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2008 Ram 2500 QCSB, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2,457 Posts
darn, now you got me thinking about it. If you unscrew the sensors from the stock pipe and plug them into the delete pipe, then where does the foler box and wiring harness come into?

I'm taking a trip to Ohio next week in my truck, and I wanted to have this done for the better fuel mileage, lower EGT's, but gosh I may take a 1200 mile detour over to Texas and have BADP install it correctly for me now.
Kinda shooting yourself in the foot with that one, don't you think? :rof

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK! I just got off the phone with BADP. You leave all the EGT probes hooked up to the factory harness, reinstall them in the delete pipe, and tap into each of them with the three wires from the fooler box. I saw two wires coming out of each EGT probe. It doesn't matter which of the two wires you tap into from the two wires from the fooler box (three sets of two wires). This only makes sense. Cutting off the EGT probe wires and routing them to the fooler box would leave nothing plugged into the factory ECU . That would be useless! Now back to work. If all goes well, I'll start a new post tonight or tomorrow (5" sidedpipes installed!!)
Garry

·
Registered
681 Posts
WOW thats an odd explenation, I got the PDI kit and it WAS a plug and play I had 4 plugs to plug in and that was it. These plugged right into the factory and new harness... Something sounds off to me but hey if it works then go for it.... Good luck hope you post some video so we can here it !!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boom. I guess I should explain. I bought the module 2 months ago. It's the older style module with just 3 raw wires coming out of it. I wish I had the newer kit.
Garry

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ah hah... well that makes sence I was begining to wonder... I would say I would give you mine when I upgrade but they want it back .. go fig. Anywho good luck with man.

·
Registered
408 Posts
vice grips and a little heat, maybe a pipewrench if ya git really torqued off.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I had to use the torch to heat up one probe bung and vise grips pliers in order to remove the probe from my stock system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts