Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the dpf cause the new 6.7s to have bad gas mileage? i know its supposed to help emissions but it makes the truck quiet and it seems like the 5.9s get much better gas mileage?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I didnt know any gas was involved :w:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yes the DPF is part of the cause of poor Fuel Mileage.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
No I disagree strongly. I just put the delete on my truck and I went from 12mpg to 17mpg. Someone has the wrong delete:butt:
You have read my statement wrong. The DPF is the Cause of poor mileage, the DPF Delete Improves Mileage.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
859 Posts
2007dodge6.7, i had my truck (still stock)for 5 mos. now and consistently getting 16-17mpg on freeway and 12-14 on the city. We're you getting 17mpg on city driving?

btw, you guys rock and know more workaround that those folks from the dealership

·
Registered
11 Posts
2007dodge6.7, i had my truck (still stock)for 5 mos. now and consistently getting 16-17mpg on freeway and 12-14 on the city. We're you getting 17mpg on city driving?

btw, you guys rock and know more workaround that those folks from the dealership
No before I put the delete on my truck I was getting 12 sometimes 13

·
Registered
336 Posts
By the looks of your signature you have one. There are a lot of threads on this site which discuss what that is. This is a big one to know/learn about. It seems to be much of the cause of a lot of grief with the new 6.7. I have not had an issue yet but I pull a lot. Whatever the case I have not had any codes or DPF messages yet. :pray:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

Fill out your sig, so we know what you have.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dpf What's That?
You have one. It's a Diesel Particulate filter in the exhaust and it sucks.

I hate mine. And yes many of us are waiting for H and S fab to come out with a kit that don't trip codes to delete it. Just keep checking here, I am sure we will know when a Code Free Delete kit comes out. :)

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
The dpf is dodge personal f--up
Remember, Ford and GM use DPF's too so this isn't just a Dodge issue. Go read the Ford & GM forums and you will see the same discussions about poor fuel mileage and deleting DPF's.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
not just pickups, either. OTR trucks are getting DPFs as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts