Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

DPF Delete & Edge

4989 Views 31 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  winn99
If you delete the DPF with a Edge Juice w/ attitude clear the all the codes? Not sure what I even need to delete the DPF. Will something like this work Rollin Smoke Diesel. Flo Pro 6.7 DPF Delete/Downpipe Kit
I've been saying I'm not gonna do it but I think the bug has bitten me. :banghead::banghead:
Just needing to know if I can do the deletes with an Edge Juice?
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Second Most Important Member
2,027 Posts
you can do it with the juice w/ att. i personally would not. you must manually delete codes at start up with it. i would go with an xrt or smarty. more user friendly:thumbsup:

· Registered
444 Posts
Winn99 I am about 20min S of you and I am in Colbert all the time. Yes It can be done I am doing it. However would not do it again. The gauges are really nice. But for the price of a used Edge I would buy a new Smarty JR and be done with, no possabillty of regen, no code clearing, no sims,ect.......

Some may disagree but thats my .02

· Registered
243 Posts
i am currently doing it on my 08 and i love it i will be selling mine when my 2010 comes in

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just recently bought a used Edge for a really good price is why I'm asking. I'm going to run it with the DPF for now just wondering if I could delete the DPF and make it work. It won't automatically delete the codes? I don't want to do it if I have to manually delete them everytime.

· Registered
100 Posts
Well I just recently bought a used Edge for a really good price is why I'm asking. I'm going to run it with the DPF for now just wondering if I could delete the DPF and make it work. It won't automatically delete the codes? I don't want to do it if I have to manually delete them everytime.
I wouldnt run the edge above level two with your stock exhaust, more fuel, timing, etc will clog up dpf in a hurry.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt run the edge above level two with your stock exhaust, more fuel, timing, etc will clog up dpf in a hurry.
Yeah I know I won't run it above 2 as long as I have the stock exhaust. I'm wanting to do the dpf delete but I can't find the information I need.

Is the flo pro stage 2 dpf delete kit all I would need to do the delete? :confused013:

· Registered
60 Posts
I just got the edge abd a stage 2 delete for Rollin smoke and the edge clears all codes on start up. With my build date the edge is the only option right now.

· Registered
195 Posts
all you need to do is set the edge to delete codes on start up! so basicly you'll have to wait like you would if it was cold out every time you start it! to me not a big deal im so in the habit of waiting I get yelled at in the GF's car when I'm sitting there waiting to start it! but I've have my deletes for 45K and haven't had a single issue! just my .02 let me know if you need any other info!

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I bought a Flo Pro stage 2 delete kit so I will be DPF free soon! I'm not real sure what I'm doing when it comes to deleting the dpf just because I really didn't think I would be doing it anytime soon. Is there a write up anywhere that will help me figure out what I need to do? I realize I gotta take all the crap out and replace it with the pipe but what to I do with the sensors, and whatever else may be under there?

· Registered
2 Posts
i have an edge too and ran it on level 6 all the time....till it cost me 4100 to replace the egr cooler, and a turbo cleaning. oh yea, they voided my warranty too:doh:
deletes are on the way

· Registered
202 Posts
does the Edge Juice w/att take care of the dpf delete codes? i am going to install a 5" tbe flo pro with the dpf delete and a afe mega cannon. i spoke with edge today and they told me i would need to send it in and get it upgraded to the edge race. if i dont they said the truck would eventually go into limp mode. they want $399 for the upgrade. does anyone know if this is true?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.