Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 6.7L quadcab 2500 4X4 with the auto. I just finished installing a 5" turbo back DPF delete exhaust, Edge juice with attitude, S&B intake, and EGR delete. Prior to the mods the best MPG I recorded was 16.5 one time on a long trip, but 15 MPGs was more the norm. I only have about 350 miles on the truck since the mods, but my last tank was 18.3 mpg. I was fairly easy on the throttle during this tank, and it was all highway miles. The Edge was set on level 1. As far as performance, the truck feels a little faster, but not as much as I was expecting/hoping.

Overall I am fairly happy with the mods, but I can't say I would recommend them to everybody just yet. The results, +2-3 improvment in MPG and mild performance gains, come at a relatively high price($2,200 for parts plus a very hard install on the exhaust). Anyway, just wanted to pass on my experience. Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Turn the edge to 5 and turn down low end reponse and will get about 20 on highway.

·
Registered
721 Posts
But the Low end response is soooo much fun! Damn Alkada, Hajji sun of a guns drivin up oil prices, Sadamn lovin suckers. I hate them.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
How are the power gains on level 5? Have you thought of getting the hot unlock code? the only other thing may be stacking it with the MP-8.. Let me know I just bought the Edge.. I'm going to be doing the delete's here soon. I think I have to get the dealer to replace my turbo first though since I'm getting the code P2262. Keep us posted on your truck though!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
The Hot unlock is a whole other beast. It is quite a bit more then 5. I would try running around in 5, keep a mild throttle (light foot). You will love the mileage. The MP-8 will help the Mileage too and to me it seems to make the power very smooth. It adds a bit but mostly it just seems to make it accelerate better and smoother.

·
Registered
144 Posts
what did you set the timing at? i set mine to juice timing and got 24mpg last time on the highway. edge set on level 1 amsoil 5.9 drop in air filter badp 5"to 4" duals egr deleted and b11 in the tank.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The Hot unlock is a whole other beast. It is quite a bit more then 5. I would try running around in 5, keep a mild throttle (light foot). You will love the mileage. The MP-8 will help the Mileage too and to me it seems to make the power very smooth. It adds a bit but mostly it just seems to make it accelerate better and smoother.
is the unlock code worth the money? its only 20hp if i remember right?

·
Registered
238 Posts
How are the power gains on level 5? Have you thought of getting the hot unlock code? the only other thing may be stacking it with the MP-8.. Let me know I just bought the Edge.. I'm going to be doing the delete's here soon. I think I have to get the dealer to replace my turbo first though since I'm getting the code P2262. Keep us posted on your truck though!
I ordered my DPF delete, Edge, intake and EGR blocks yesterday. I too am waithing on a new turbo. The dealer told me that they are having trouble getting them. I don't think I need one, but after all the pain I have had with the CELs. I plan to make them change it. And as soon as they do... the big crap barrel and EGR are history!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't tried messing with much on the edge yet. I haven't changed the timing or low-end responsiveness. What exactly does the low-end respon change? Also, how are you driving the truck when on level 5 to get that mileage? Do you get better mileage on 5 than on 1? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Definately put the edge on 5 and the low end responsivness on lowest setting. I was not seeing any mileage gains untill i turned down the low end.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
is the unlock code worth the money? its only 20hp if i remember right?
It for some reason feels like more then 20HP. Worth $100? Maybe not, but I am happy to have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help Guys!!!

My Dad has the 07 6.7L he racks up the mileage and his DPF has never worked properly. Now the truck is shut down and won't even run because the whole system is plugged. My question, is there a way to get rid of the DPF and the truck run well, what are the products you guys recomend and where is the best place to get them.

Thanks Muckabilly

·
Registered
331 Posts
go here( dodge delete )and order today and then buy a edge Juice with attitude today to clear the codes. sorry to hear about that.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
It for some reason feels like more then 20HP. Worth $100? Maybe not, but I am happy to have it.
You guys missed it. Edge was giving Free hot unlock codes with purches of Edge w/ Att. I think this was a couple of weeks ago. :T: :$:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Been trying to order a BADP delete, the $575 version but the website won't work for that part (but will for all the others). I keep meaning to call, but I'm too damned busy during the day to get it done. Shane, please fix your website!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I completed the EGR delete the other day with the help of CompCowboys EGR delete photo directions, and I cant get over how much cooler the truck and my EGT's are. WOW is all I can say. I pulled my trailer 200 miles after the EGR delete and my EGT's at 65mph were a tad over 800. Before with the EGR on it was around 1030. Heck now just driving without a trailer at 70mph I'm like at 650-700EGT!

I have about 500 miles on the EGR delete now, and knock on wood NO CEL's, of course I have the Edge set to delete them at startup. So far I have 2500miles on the DPF delete and no problems. Better fuel mileage and throttle response and a truck that sounds like a truck again!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Oh yea I can't get over how clean the engine oil is now. I changed the oil about and hour after I did the EGR delete and now a week later it still looks like it did when I poured it from the jug.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Oh yea I can't get over how clean the engine oil is now. I changed the oil about and hour after I did the EGR delete and now a week later it still looks like it did when I poured it from the jug.
That is what we all want to hear...cleaner oil! That egr system is the Devil! I will be doing the egr delete as soon as I can make my parts up. Was your engine all sooted up? If so how did you clean it? Vacuum cleaner and a wire brush okay or do you need to use solvents?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just removed the intake elbow where the butterfly valve was located and blew it out with air, and then whiped it out. Theres a small filter thats orange in color on the block that I wiped out also. My butterfly valve came out easy with NO heat required, just alot of WD-40. So far NO codes, minor fuel knock, no more smoke (darn I rather liked it smokin) and super clean oil now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts