Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you order the dpf bungs? any one know what thread they are ?? or where i can locate them? so i can get the 5.9 tbe and the fooler box from badp?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just for a heads up if you are not interested in stainless Full Spectrum on ebay has 5 inch tbe kits for a great price. I am doing the same thing and spent 320 on the exhaust shipped and found someone with the HS fooler box for 120. Not a bad investment for a great running truck assembly comes this weekend!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
witch kit is it?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Just for a heads up if you are not interested in stainless Full Spectrum on ebay has 5 inch tbe kits for a great price. I am doing the same thing and spent 320 on the exhaust shipped and found someone with the HS fooler box for 120. Not a bad investment for a great running truck assembly comes this weekend!
That is a great way to upgrade the performance and help keep the costs down. It involves a bit of work, but for a lot of us a bit of time in the shop is not considered work. :beer

There are other systems available with a bit more bling if you can do a bit of welding. Silverline has a stainless T304 system, a stailess 409 system and an aluminumized system also. MBRP has some nice systems as well as Magnaflow. I kinda liked the Silverline T304 although it costs a bit more than their other options.

·
Registered
319 Posts
witch kit is it?
Its just a 5inch tbe and it says its for 05-07 diesels. Just remember you need to find a way to get a fooler box though and that could be tough. I hear none of them are wanting to split kits up and just sell the box. I just lucked out I guess!:thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Full Spectrum exhaust is actually a pretty nice exhaust for the money. The 05-07 5.9 exhaust kit fits right up to the 6.7 It is alumanized mandrel bent tubing with plenty of clamps and hangers. The hangers are set up on clamps to be tightened to the tubing. I went this route and got the module from BADP, just had to weld bung to the pipe where needed. I'm happy with this setup and saved some coin going this route.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Full Spectrum exhaust is actually a pretty nice exhaust for the money. The 05-07 5.9 exhaust kit fits right up to the 6.7 It is alumanized mandrel bent tubing with plenty of clamps and hangers. The hangers are set up on clamps to be tightened to the tubing. I went this route and got the module from BADP, just had to weld bung to the pipe where needed. I'm happy with this setup and saved some coin going this route.
Im considering doing this..i have a buddy that runs a muffler shop and considering just taking everything to him and asking him to put it on..but let me make sure i understand it..all you did was buy the exhaust kit from full spectrum and bought the module from badp..is there anything else i need and does it throw codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got two o2 sensor bungs from an exhaust shop and used a hole saw with no bit in the middle to get the three temp sensor bungs from my stock exhaust. Some have posted the size of nuts you can use for these temp bungs if you dont want to take them from old exhaust. Welded these bungs in the pipe in the approximate location of the stock setup.It throws the standard soft codes just like it would have if the whole kit was BADP.Read that BADP should be releasing a code free module shortly. Set my Edge to clear codes on start, and all is good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The nut sizes are in AdamBOMB's post above.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The size for the egr bungs are M12 1.25 pitch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts