Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has an 09 6.7L. He ordered turbo back 5" that hasn't made it here yet. I don't know anything about the DPF or where its located but he wants it off. Is it on the exhaust? How hard is it to remove? When I put his edge on I noticed it had some electrical connectors for the dpf.

Now for the egr, what does everyone do do delete it?

Thanks, Richard

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Has your buddy checked his build date and does he have the Edge Race?

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
like Mega said we need to know the build date on his ECM. Look over the driver side front tire into the engine block for a big white sticker on it I think it is the 4th line down but anyway one of them is a date. if it is 3/04/09 or later we have a problem. and he is gonna have to have the edge race to do a dpf delete but that is about as far as he can go

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
build dates after 3/4/09 chrysler boot a boot loader "virus" in the ECM that prevents it form being able to be tuned by a programmer. Smarty and H&S are working on this but to date have not cracked the code yet. The edge RACE will allow you to delete the dpf but he will still have a CEL if he unplugs the egr. It is a soft code and the edge will clear it. The edge still works becasue it is a fooler box it tricks the ECM into thinking the performance parameters are different and that is how it makes more power. So it does not reprogram the ECM which is where the bootloader will either say PROTECTED ECM with the Smarty or will lock up and require a new ECM bought from Chrysler with other tuners. Just looking out for ya bud dont want to see anyone get Locked down

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

· Registered
938 Posts
i took my dpf off yesterday it took bout an hour to disconnect the hoses and egt plugs, and cut it off. took bout half hour to put on new pipe with 02 bung and shibby egt sims. that baby rolls coal and im still a stock truck the dpf is the only thing i have changed. when i left the shop i blew smoke all over the road.

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
yeah bud what you need is 3 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistors, one for each egt that is in your factory exhaust. You simply solder them in from one prong to the other. Go to the home page and then the tech section here and go down to the DIY DPF budget thread. It will tell you to use 470 ohm resistors DO NOT that was the first ones we tried but soon found they didnt work for long use the 100 OHM in place of where it tells you the 470's. You can use the 330 and 110 for the Pressure switch like it tells ya too

· Registered
23 Posts
not completely on subject, but can the egr be unplugged on a 08 4500 just as it can on a 3500??

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
yes sir same results a CEL but it is a soft code and will go away after 3-5 starts if you plug it back in. But dont plug it in and unplug it a lot youll :confused013:the system

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.