Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck was towing 5th wheel perfectly until i adjusted aftermarket brake controller. i obviously set it too high cause when i put on the brakes while coasting downhill my rpms went up to 2500, seemed like i downshifted 2 gears. then when the auto changed gears again the rpms were normal but there was a clunk after the exaust brake stopped. the clunk did not happen when it changed gears it was after, it sounded like it came from under the hood.(it was not the hitch). After that I turned the brake off again and everything was fine., I hope I explained this ok. I was wondering if anybody might know what the noise might of been, and why did it downshift so hard. Im not really worried about it, just wondering if someone might have an idea. Other than that truck towed 12000lbs great on Smarty JR stock setting. I just need to set my trailer brakes properly.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't know about the noise but with tow/hall mode on going town hill and touch the break my truck downshifts like that. I think to keep the RPM's high for engine breaking

2010 CC, LB, laramie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.