Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys, do you have any tips or tricks for getting the stock downpipe off the turbo? I have been trying forever to get the bolts to loosen up and I have had no luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just did this a few weeks ago and i ended up putting a bunch of 1/2 in extenders together to make about 2 feet long and use a torque wrench from underneath the truck.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I did both of mine with a long extension from under the truck, too. Some oil is a good idea to help protect the threads. I put anti-seize compound on the threads before I put them back together.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Soak the bolts with PB Blaster and let it sit. Find a breaker bar to help get leverage.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
soak the bolts in some pb blaster overnight and then again before you loosen em, and get about 3 feet of extensions and do it underneath the truck with a big ole breaker bar and if that don't work try an impact gun and it should come right out, it was probably the least problematic thing on my truck:lol3:

·
Registered
701 Posts
soak the bolts in some pb blaster overnight and then again before you loosen em, and get about 3 feet of extensions and do it underneath the truck with a big ole breaker bar and if that don't work try an impact gun and it should come right out, it was probably the least problematic thing on my truck:lol3:
what he said.. works great

·
Registered
72 Posts
try removing the clamp right before the down pipe connection, i just did it this afternoon and soaked the bolts in PB blaster. i vised it and used a 13mm impact, came right off no problem.

·
Registered
861 Posts
PB blaster and a lot of extensions

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finaly got it off. Thanks a bunch guys!!:thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts