Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 2500 crew cab short bed and I've decided to go with a 5 inch Flo Pro turbo back exhaust in stainless with a MBRP muffler. My question is will the 5 inch downpipe that comes with the kit fit without rubbing or vibrating on anything? Should I drop down to a 4 inch down pipe and then 5 inch back from there? :confused013:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have an 08 2500 crew cab short bed and I've decided to go with a 5 inch Flo Pro turbo back exhaust in stainless with a MBRP muffler. My question is will the 5 inch downpipe that comes with the kit fit without rubbing or vibrating on anything? Should I drop down to a 4 inch down pipe and then 5 inch back from there? :confused013:
Should fit just fine. Just take the transmission cross brace off to get the old down pipe out and the new one in. I have no clearance issue with my 5" downpipe..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help! I cant wait until I get this on so my truck will finally sound like a big rig!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but if I remove the stock downpipe, will I lose my exhaust brake? I did the DPF delete but left the stock downpipe. I'd like to make mine a little louder as well. If I get to keep my exhaust brake I'd be all about it.

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but if I remove the stock downpipe, will I lose my exhaust brake? I did the DPF delete but left the stock downpipe. I'd like to make mine a little louder as well. If I get to keep my exhaust brake I'd be all about it.
The brake is in the turbo itself so u won't lose function

1 - 5 of 5 Posts