Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a 5 inch down pipe that will fit on my stock turbo of my 92. Like a 3 to 5 inch?

·
Registered
176 Posts
You would have to buy a 3 inch down pipe then find you either a 3-5 inch adapter, which will prove hard to find, or get a 3-4 and 4-5 inch adapter.
If you need a new 3 inch down pipe I have a brand new one for sale!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would have to buy a 3 inch down pipe then find you either a 3-5 inch adapter, which will prove hard to find, or get a 3-4 and 4-5 inch adapter.
If you need a new 3 inch down pipe I have a brand new one for sale!
Yea I'v been looking for a 3 to 5 inch adapter for the longest time and still no luck, I doent think I need a new down pipe it seem s in pretty good shape but if I do ill let you know, thanks. and where woul you look for adapters? I tried mbrp.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can get a 4 inch downpipe with a 3 inch flange at the turbo. thats what i have. do you really need 5 inch exhaust? but here is a link to what i bought-

1989-1993 Dodge Ram Cummins 4 Hx35/H1C Downpipe
Yea i bought a custome dual exhaust that somone had on his 24valve, its a 1 into 2 mbrp muffler with straight stacks as tips coming out of each corner of the box. The entire exhaust is 5 inch.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
62 Posts
buy yourself a 4" down pipe. then run 4" past your tranny then jump up to 5" from there

·
Registered
107 Posts
id buy that 4 inch downpipe and then worry about adapting at the end of that.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Id just run 4" exhaust since it will support any power a ve pump will put out. Just throw a 5" tip on it lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
"I stole, and I robbed, and I kidnapped the president's son...and I never got caught, neither."

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just made my own using 3 inch down pipe then adapted to 4 then to 5. you have to dump it out in front of the rear tire i couldnt make it fit between the frame

·
Registered
62 Posts
rgregory i just made my own using 3 inch down pipe then adapted to 4 then to 5. you have to dump it out in front of the rear tire i couldnt make it fit between the frame
I ran a 4in dp and my 5in pipe all the way from the transmission to the back. To get it over the axle I ran a straight shot above the center of the differential then two 45s to get it to come out behind the tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts