i have been noticing that when i floor it and it shifts into second it sometimes does like a half shift, then a slight pause, then fully shifts. It does not do this all the time though. Is this normal?
My 06 does that at low rpms, i asked this site and they said its a tsb valve problem, here is what he sent me. My truck is goin to the dealer on Tuseday to get it fixed under warrenty.
There is a TSB that has to do with the Transmission searching for second in low RPMs. Just call your local dealer and have them do this TSB. This is from another post on another thread:
48RE Transmission - 1-2 Shift Hunt At Light Throttle
This bulletin involves the replacement of the governor pressure solenoid valve in the
transmission valve body.
2004 - 2007 (DR/DH/D1) Ram Truck (2500/3500)
The customer may experience a 1-2 shift transmission hunt during light throttle application.
This condition may be due to a governor pressure solenoid valve.
If the customer experiences the above condition perform the Repair Procedure.
Qty. Part No. Description
1 04617210 Valve, Governor Pressure Solenoid
4 05013457AA ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid
AR 02464324AC Gasket, Transmission Oil Pan (Note: Original pan
gasket is reusable and should not require
1. Raise the vehicle on a suitable lift. Turn the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
Remove the ignition key from the ignition switch.
2. Remove the transmission fluid (oil) pan and pan gasket. Clean and save the pan
gasket for later use during reassembly.
3. Disengage the wire connector to the governor pressure solenoid valve (Fig. 1).
4. Remove the screws used to secure the governor pressure solenoid valve retainer to
the transmission valve body.
5. Remove the old governor pressure solenoid valve from the transmission valve body.
6. Clean the transmission housing and oil pan gasket surfaces.
7. Lubricate the o-rings on the new governor pressure solenoid valve.
8. Align the governor pressure solenoid valve to the bore in the valve body.
9. Install the governor pressure solenoid valve to the valve body.
DATE: May 24, 2007
10. Install the governor pressure solenoid valve retainer and attaching screws to the valve
11. Connect the wire connector to the governor pressure solenoid valve.
12. Install the transmission fluid (oil) pan and pan gasket (saved earlier) to the
transmission. Tighten attaching bolts to 13.6 Nm (125 in. lbs.).
Fig. 1 Governor Solenoid And Pressure Sensor
1 - GOVERNOR PRESSURE SENSOR
2 - GOVERNOR PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE
3 - ELECTRONIC GOVERNOR
13. Lower vehicle.
14. Add automatic transmission fluid to the transmission.
15. Verify correct transmission fluid level.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: Description Amount
21-96-05-90 Valve, Transmission Governor
Pressure Solenoid - Replace (B)
ZZ Service Action
A forum community dedicated to Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!