Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried these? I've gotten a few steering components (track bar and steering brace) from DOR and have been very happy with the quality. I'm sure these are good, but looking for a little more information.
Does any one have a length on these? I assume there is no adjustments.
Any installed pictures?
I was scouring his site a year ago and never saw these, just stumbled upon them the other day. Are these a new product?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Thread revival bump for more info on the "Dodge Off Road" Traction Bars, anyone running them yet?

The photos on the website are pretty terrible, but I like the way the axle mounts are designed. Also, the bend in the bars for better clearance & a cleaner look seems like a nice idea.

I sent them an email & even dug through their Instagram page, only found one photo of the bars & still have no idea what the front mounts look like. Need more photos & first hand reviews!
@dodgeoffroad1 on Insta BTW

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bit the bullet and ordered them back in June. In typical DOR fashion, they are scheduled to arrive today. But also the ends are getting drop shipped so who knows when they will show. I'm expecting a quality product, but if your in a pinch I would look else where. Luckily I didn't snap a pinion while sled pulling. I'll try to get some pictures up here shortly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
While DT Profab does make nice stuff, their customer support sucks. That's been my experience.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I bit the bullet and ordered them back in June. In typical DOR fashion, they are scheduled to arrive today. But also the ends are getting drop shipped so who knows when they will show. I'm expecting a quality product, but if your in a pinch I would look else where. Luckily I didn't snap a pinion while sled pulling. I'll try to get some pictures up here shortly.

You are the man! Keep us updated if you can :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So? How are they?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(Please hang tight with me, I think my photos will work but there is only one way to find out.)

Well for starters, these things are hefty. I knew they would be, but when they arrived i was still caught off guard a bit.

Quality and construction of these things is great.

In typical DOR fashion, getting my hands on these traction bars was a challenge. From start to finish the transaction too over 3 months. There were many emails with varying responses from DOR ranging from prompt to ignored. While waiting for my products to arrive, my pickup developed a shifting issue, with very violent 1-2 and 2-3 shifts with the shift into overdrive getting a bit rough as well. I threw a transmission mount at it, hoping for a quick fix (No luck).

When the bars arrived, I pulled them out of the box. I found that I received the 72" bent bars when I had ordered the straight. I was not about to even attempt to correct the issue as I can only imagine what kind of nightmare that would be. Waiting several more weeks for the end joints (Being drop shipped from manufacturer , only after my bars were shipped (months after ordered). Eventually everything arrived.

I went to do a quick mock up one day to get an idea of how I would be mounting them. Only to notice that I had fitment issues on the axle end.

I called and talked to "Tech support", the tech said that they had an exact truck with a D70 with rear sway bar and verified that the bracket fit no problem. Even to this day I fail to see how they are supposed to fit with no modification other than sway bar removal. I asked if he was sure that a u bolt flip wasn't needed. He assured me that it wasn't needed.

I eventually just ordered a u bolt flip kit and waiting patiently for what I had hoped was the final part needed to get these put on my pickup.

Once I got the u bolt flip kit installed, trimming of the sway bar mount brackets was needed. Once I got everything trimmed enough for things to fit, all measurements taken, bars test fitted and brackets clamped, I started welding everything in. Like i said previously quality has never been an issue with my parts from DOR, everything went as planned when it came to install.

When i finished i took it for a quick drive to see if there was a noticeable difference on my daily driving. Within the first 50 ft, i noticed that my shifts were much less violent and felt crisp once again. My 4x4 shifter would move well over an inch and a half when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Now everything is solid.

I don't know if I would ever own another pickup with out traction bars, they are exactly what was needed. However I can't say that I will be getting the next set from DOR.

Photos clearly didn't work, maybe the album?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7cNH2yMMX95i8fMB8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts