Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front door hinges squeak every once in awhile. Curious to see what everyone is using to lubricate them?

Reactions: TX_2500_Cummins

·
Registered
231 Posts
I used either WD40 or some silicone lube if I have it on hand. Keeps them quiet for a while...

Reactions: 5.7 Hemi

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Try liquid wrench lubricating and perpetrating spray. Lasts much longer than wd40.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
X2 the white grease. Always keep that and d40 around.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will give the white lithium grease a shot. I have tried wd40 and lubricating wrench with the same results as @Jhenderson. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I also use spray white lithium grease.

Reactions: dadstillsurfs

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use white lithium grease as well, but my drivers door has squeaked since the day it came off the dealers lot

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My drivers door squeaks too. White lithium spray on grease works for a short time only. My other doors squeak, too, but they don't get used as often so it lasts a little longer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Slip 2000. Good for machine guns, good enough for doors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Best lube I found is motorcycle chain lube. It's designed to penetrate and work under high pressure. Works great on hinges.

Reactions: bcflyfisher

·
Registered
25 Posts
My front door hinges squeak every once in awhile. Curious to see what everyone is using to lubricate them?
dry graphite powder on the pin for little wheel good for few months gotta work it down in there . mine speak loudy i have found this to last the longest

·
Registered
19,546 Posts
Bearing grease or lithium

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I've used whatever grease I have nearby since I got the truck. Needs it about 1-2x per year and I've never bothered cleaning any old gunk off.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
dry graphite powder on the pin for little wheel good for few months gotta work it down in there . mine speak loudy i have found this to last the longest
I agree. After reading your post I went to the cabinet and sure enough, one tube of graphite. It’s lasted since the day you posted. I’ll never oil the hinge again. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts