Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have searched this and cant find anything so I need some help with taking off my door handles the outside door handles I can find how to do the inside just not the outside go figure LOL anyway Is it a pain in the butt to take them off and put them back on?? Does anybody have any pics of them doing it just anything would help. I am going to get them painted to match my truck along with the mirrors and fender flares the guy said if I pull the handles and mirrors off he would only charge me $300 to paint all of it if I leave them on $375 do you think its worth the extra $75 just so I dont have to hassle with it?? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
155 Posts
definetly take them out if you dont there is a big chance that they will be peeling in just a month or two. It is pretty easy just have to take the door panel off and It is just a couple phillip screws adn then just lift strait up after the panel is off reach in and feel the two #8 mm nuts on the back side of the hadle take them loose and poop the clips off the linkage and you are done. You will have to take the panel off anyways to get the mirror off should be only three nuts there and a wire depending on what mirrors you have.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
In my painting experiences i vote leave them on, that way it can be an absolute color match/ fade and you wont be able to tell it didnt come from the factory like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts