Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i get rid of the dang door chime with my key in but the truck not running? just want to listen to the radio with out taht annoying ding! i can't even find the switch that activateds it, or i would just cut it, or mabe even put a switch in er. just wonderind if there is a quick computer fix like there is for the seat belt. thanks

bowz

·
Registered
129 Posts
The dinger is under the dash I believe it's on the right hand side of the steering wheel behind the the plastic piece that snaps in with 2 screws.If you just unplug the whole wiring harness windshield wipes will not work. Jump the wire.I hate my door chime| Dodge Truck World Topic

·
Registered
845 Posts
If I want to listen to the stereo with the doors open I just turn key backward, take a screwdriver and roll the latch closed in the door ... it makes the truck think that the door is closed and won't chime. Just remember to move it back to the open position before closing the door.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took off my door panel and cut a purple/black wire and closed them off with elec tape, no more dingi. just my .02

bowz

·
HI
3,444 Posts
isnt there a sequence to get rid of the ding like the one for the seat belt?:popcorn: i dont want to have to start cutting wires and everything

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i did alot of research and coudlnt find any thing...

bowz

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just do like Mopard suggested and trip the latch in the door. It won't chime because the switch will be closed. Before closing the door be sure to depress the handle to unlatch the catch. Works for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts