Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the door buzzer for when I leave the headlights on in my 1996 2500. I'm too lazy to search

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
in my 89' it was up right behind the ash tray, i know yours is a second gen but who knows, its worth a looksie

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
On my '95s the buzzer (actually a dinger) is a little blue box under the dash behind the ashtray.
Easy to disable. The box hinges open and there is a quarter sized disc that you can easily remove.
If you just unplug the box it makes things that I can't remember not work.
No more dings for anything, a quiet truck.
But I'm used to the days when vehicles didn't tell you to turn off your lights, buckle up or close the door.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
On my '95s the buzzer (actually a dinger) is a little blue box under the dash behind the ashtray.
Easy to disable. The box hinges open and there is a quarter sized disc that you can easily remove.
If you just unplug the box it makes things that I can't remember not work.
No more dings for anything, a quiet truck.
A quiet truck you say? :hehe::hehe::hehe: That will be the day when I can't hear my Cummins! :lol4: It's a little blue box that makes the noise!

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
I know what you mean, but most of the dinging went on when the engine was off.
What makes it especially bad for me is I live in the boonies and store my keys in the ignition.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What makes it especially bad for me is I live in the boonies and store my keys in the ignition.
Ive lived on a farm my entire life, never once have I ever seen a key out of its ignition, on our atvs, tractors, dirtbikes, lawnmowers or vehicles, and until just recently, we never locked our doors, but a new subdivision just sprang up about 1/4 mile away, so we decided it the best to start locking up when we leave.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
I do the same but no new neighbors yet.
Had bad experience though a few years ago when a dingy state Ag inspector bought her brat nine year old along.
About an hour into the inspection the kid holds out his hand and says, "look what I found!"
He had the keys for all the equipment and tractors.
Luckily he didn't lose any...

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
my busser is right at the top of the fuse box (the one in the dash, you gotta open the door to get at it).

My buzzer cant even be removed because their is a piece of sheetmetal that runs over the top of it (part of the dash support). I really hated mine and one day i got in there and smashed it out because i couldnt get it out :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts