Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Donaldson M090535 in Katy

2656 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Mikester
I bought a Donaldson M090535 from Ryder parts - that is the 9" diameter x 51" 5" diameter straight through muffler. The attenuation is 12-17db or so. It was too loud for me. There was a slight drone with throttle and at 65-69 mph but was pretty quiet above 72 or so. It wasn't raspy but it was too loud for my quiet subdivision so I swapped it for the 10" diameter version which I'm much happier with.

I put about 5000 miles on it. Now it is taking up space in my garage. I really don't want to fool with shipping it. Anyone interested in buying it for $25?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,571 Posts
send me a pm ill ask my step dad and see if he wants it is it for the stock exhaust size?

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This muffler is for a 5" system. It works best if placed as far back as possible. Some folks have installed it under the cab which made for a lot of noise inside.

This muffler is 5" straight through - you can see straight through it. There is batting and mesh but the flow is unobstructed.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought there was batting - all you can see the the perforated sleeve that goes straight through. Thanks for the bump though!

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually put the Donaldson on the FBD kit - that muffler had suffered some sort of weird failure. The Donaldson was about the same volume but was deeper or more throaty I guess.
DavidC - went back to you.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well - I put about 10k on it or so - just sooty inside but ain't NIB and is definitely taking up too much space in my garage.

· Registered
6 Posts
I bought a Donaldson M090535 from Ryder parts - that is the 9" diameter x 51" 5" diameter straight through muffler. The attenuation is 12-17db or so. It was too loud for me. There was a slight drone with throttle and at 65-69 mph but was pretty quiet above 72 or so. It wasn't raspy but it was too loud for my quiet subdivision so I swapped it for the 10" diameter version which I'm much happier with.

RigMover,

Do you remeber the part number of the 10" you used? I have a 5" Magnaflow system and it's too loud.... I want to swap the muffler if possible.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.