Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don @ F1 or Lenny @ DDP For 40/50 HP Injectors?

Where would you send your injectors to get checked and install the 40/50 HP nozzles. Why would you pick one over the other? I bought a used set of injectors and would like to get this done.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
personal preference id go to DDP cause ive personaly talked to the owner and his wife and hes a great guy

· Registered
4,129 Posts
I'd pick Don, since he goes through each injector body and if it is damaged. He will fix it. He also does something with his Tips. I have had DDP and Flux. If you compare both together, the tips themselves are a lot different. Dons are shaved/curved on the bottom and for some reason they run cleaner. Maybe because he EDM's them or just spends the time to do everything needed to have a clean running truck. Heck, my truck with Flux 3's hardly smokes and gets 540 out of a full tank.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
I'd pick Don, since he goes through each injector body and if it is damaged. He will fix it. He also does something with his Tips. I have had DDP and Flux. If you compare both together, the tips themselves are a lot different. Dons are shaved/curved on the bottom and for some reason they run cleaner. Maybe because he EDM's them or just spends the time to do everything needed to have a clean running truck. Heck, my truck with Flux 3's hardly smokes and gets 540 out of a full tank.
we should do a milage test cause everything in my sig if i do 65 mph i can get 28mpg cause the truck is barly working to do the speeed.....more power =more mpg to a certain extent mine is finally dropping with these injector but there like a freaking garden hose running into the engine:lol4:eek:o i just noticed this has nothing to do with this thread ahh watever:lol4:

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
go with DDP :thumbsup: awesome injectors , and good people.

· Wyoming BAMF
1,692 Posts
I think they are both pretty good injectors, I personally went with Don simply because he can rebuild the injectors if they are damaged and to my knowledge ddp simply gets you a new injector (around 300) i think. The down fall to Don is you dont go through him directly and for that I would suggest Richard Brown. Excellent group of guys out there in Cali.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to Lenny in person last month at May Madness and he seems to be a good guy to deal with. From what he told our group during his presentation, you can not totaly "rebuild" an injector as Bosch will not sell anyone all the small parts to totaly "rebuild" an injector. They are probably about the same. I am leaning towards DDP unless someone can convince me to go with F1.

I think they are both pretty good injectors, I personally went with Don simply because he can rebuild the injectors if they are damaged and to my knowledge ddp simply gets you a new injector (around 300) i think. The down fall to Don is you dont go through him directly and for that I would suggest Richard Brown. Excellent group of guys out there in Cali.

· Wyoming BAMF
1,692 Posts
yeah thats what lenny told me to then proceeded to bash don for saying that he could do that. To me when a competitor bashes another persons products it isnt for the good of the customer its generally simply because that product they are bashing is superior... Call Richard and talk to him about it.. I believe he has dealt with both he steered me towards Don....

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Did not hear that from Lenny when I listened to his speach for an hour. Is it not that extrude hone is a process and is performed by several shops? IYO who does the best extrude hone job? Now I'm torn between Don and Lenny. Convince me with facts please.

· Registered
2,932 Posts
F1 uses the EDM process. Don is obviously very good with injectors and has many happy customers. II, DDP use to use Extrude Hone for all their injectors work. Both companies now have their own machines. All of them have a decent product but, IMO charge a bit more than necessary.

With Extrude Hone you do a little more work on your own and you send them your stock tips to be honed. There's several places the injector itself can be sent for testing so by doing the leg work yourself, you can save some cash.

You can call Jim or Rick both very nice and knowledgeable guys for more info on them. There's a link close to the bottom of the page with pricing. Extrude Honed

3,301 Posts
ive also heard that extrude hone process is a lot cleaner end result compared to edm.

· Registered
87 Posts
Everyone is going to have a different opinion. i have had both, 90 hp DDP nozzels and 150 hp from F1, F1s run smoother and cleaner than the DDPs, but will cost more. It depends on what you want, both will probally be fine. As far as my choice, F1 all the way.

Wes

· Registered
1,031 Posts
yes same your just gunna get a bunch of opinions were everyone is different like i say ddp but wicked diesels has cheaper nozzles IMO its all just gunna be opinions lol ur just gunna have to decide cause there all good you cant go wrong with any of them

· Registered
4,129 Posts
Like I said, I had both DDP and Flux. DDP 150's .vs. Flux 3's(150's as well). Flux idle smoother, start faster, WAY LESS SMOKER, power is stronger, no more haze either, and better MPG. How can just changing my nozzle's do that? I went with new DDP's and Flux's. Flux are best on the CR. DDP have there sh*t down on the 12 valve motors.

Extrude honed is good to a certain extent. Like anything above 90hp will just smoke and get hot. Anything extrude honed below 90hp, I would prefer. Since it won't smoke much and it is a lot cheaper way to get the same thing as DDP.

· Registered
114 Posts
tried to get a set of flux about a year ago and couldnt get any. Had the cash in hand and no one could make it happen. My mileage is crap and i suspect bad injectors. Just replacing the tips like DDP and others are doing is not enough to fix my problems. Whats a guy to do. With don you have to send your injectors in and he sends them back, if he will even do them at all and in the mean time truck is down.:banghead:

3,301 Posts
Like I said, I had both DDP and Flux. DDP 150's .vs. Flux 3's(150's as well). Flux idle smoother, start faster, WAY LESS SMOKER, power is stronger, no more haze either, and better MPG. How can just changing my nozzle's do that? I went with new DDP's and Flux's. Flux are best on the CR. DDP have there sh*t down on the 12 valve motors.

Extrude honed is good to a certain extent. Like anything above 90hp will just smoke and get hot. Anything extrude honed below 90hp, I would prefer. Since it won't smoke much and it is a lot cheaper way to get the same thing as DDP.

where did you get that info

i think your truck felt faster with the DDP's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.