Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem where my dome lights will come on by itself when the ignition is off. When I'm driving i have no issues. I have checked and repaired some broken wires in the door harness but still nothing has changed.

Im lost at what it could be. If I had door switch issues then wouldn't the lights come on when driving? I should also get the door ajar light but I don't. I have timed it and the lights come on for 28 seconds stay off for 20 seconds and come back on again..

Anyone have any ideas? I have a new ipm and fcm that I installed a while back I'm thinking maybe try to swap out the fcm and see what happens. Does the fcm even control dome lights?

Any suggestions will be appreciated..

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was sitting in my truck just thinking on what to do next. I realized that when the lights come on the gauge needles bounce a little. Even if I turn off the dome lights with the dimmer switch the gauges still bounce.

So now im beginning to think that something is cutting the power off to the truck and then coming on again..

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.