Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but I've seen alot of blue, but I dont think I've seen any red like this. Besides, I think my stack makes up for it not being blue.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
blue definetly and some stickers on that intake manifold

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anadized red, Metalcast stuff from oriellys, $9 a can but comes out like a candy red. BTW its a rattle can jobber.

· vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
14,088 Posts
Looks good but you'd prolly get better replies if you posted them in the 2nd gen section. And I'm sure they'd be asking alot more questions than the 3rd gen guys lol.

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice job - jumps out at you... not a boring engine bay....

what did it take- 2-3 cans?
The valve cover took 1/2 can of base, 1 can of color, and the turbo, elbow, and intake to the other half of the base, and 1 can of color. Probably should've put 2 cans of color on there but funds are tight and I'm not sure how well its gonna stay on there. I think I remember reading its good to 500degrees, but I cant be for certain. And yes I realized I posted in the wrong section, but you guys are enjoying it none the less, and I appreciate all the positive feedback. I'm just glad it came out so nice. BTW, the valve cover was done first, and its been on there alittle more than a month.

· A Couple Diesels
3,149 Posts
yeah i have painted turbos before and the paint stays on there pretty well as long as you had a clean base to start from...

only issue is if you get it real hot-- but the regular heat from the engine/turbo bakes the paint on

· Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i have painted turbos before and the paint stays on there pretty well as long as you had a clean base to start from...

only issue is if you get it real hot-- but the regular heat from the engine/turbo bakes the paint on
I think its gonna be good, I sand blasted everything first and right before I painted them I wiped them down with brake clean.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.