Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look right to you guys? My steering is off and I can't figure out why. I think the draglink might be bent, but I can't tell without another one right next to it.

Post up a picture of yours, or just look at yours and tell me if mine looks different.

Chris

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
those joints look a little loose...

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
The bends are in the correct places. But the one closest to the steering knuckle is about twice as sharp as the one on my truck.

I am on windows 98 right now and it doesn't like my digital camera. Sorry

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bends are in the correct places. But the one closest to the steering knuckle is about twice as sharp as the one on my truck.

I am on windows 98 right now and it doesn't like my digital camera. Sorry
are the draglinks the same on ic'd trucks? Anyone know?

The joints look loose because I have the one at the knuckle off, and the axle is just hanging at full droop. The truck is being held up by the jackstands on the frame.

Chris

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
15,575 Posts
As far as I know the drag links are the same.

If you deal with the same parts store all the time. Most likely you can order in a drag link and compare them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dude everything looks straight there i just replaced my drag link and tie rod ends and mine looked very simular to yours. the thing you might need to check is your joint on your steering shaft. they get wore out alot and have tons of play in them. they make a replacement that is held together by a u joint and yoke that may tighten up your steering and make it better but im not sure

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If your drag link is bent the only thing you will find "off" in your steering is the steering wheel spokes not centred. Is that what your symptom/problem is?
Steve g

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If your drag link is bent the only thing you will find "off" in your steering is the steering wheel spokes not centred. Is that what your symptom/problem is?
Steve g
I 2nd that, I bounced in a hole once in a field and ever since that my wheel is not centered anymore. Off just a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts