Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 5.9 with a pretty bad a$$ program on it, but I didnt know what it was or set on and I had a transmission melt down so I flashed the computer and went safe with a Six Gun.. Well I gotta admit, I miss the black smoke and the tire smoking without needing to boost launch. Was wondering about stacking the banks, but was told that banks was not really compatible especially cause they tweak the timing a lot.

I know Six Gun is hated on this site, and now I do kinda understand why so pls a little advice on maybe an upgrade other than a stack if that doesnt work to give me some more of that :shock: im missing..

I upgraded the tqconverter to a billet converter so I should be okay with some more punch. I was shopping for the intake elbow by afe or banks..

And I tried to find out what sticks were, couldnt find out exactly what they were, im guessing either turbo internals or upgraded injectors??:confused013:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure how the previous guy did the rears (I got it with the exhaust and lowered), but Ive looked at it on the lift and i cant figure the rear exactly, but i do know the fronts have lowering springs. I think the rears the previous owner might have removed one of the leafs. The truck sits perfect, but to be honest i do hit those frame stops in the back sometimes on a decent bumps and that sucks!! Im looking to swap out the shocks in the rear with some better aftermarkets. Ill put up some better pics for ya

·
Registered
171 Posts
Back to topic. When you stack different components. Each component should do something different. ie. If you have a Smarty and an MP8, use the smarty for timing and the MP8 for the pressure. You should not use two different timing boxes to control the engine. You have no way to tell where the engine timing is running at. The timing changes will be added together and when you have too much timing bad things happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no, i dont want just smoke brother, i want the power/speed.. the six gun on the SL is okay, im thinking the injectors might help. on my old program the turbo was boosting around 40-42psi and spooling quicker, and i could spin the 295's by just flooring it. Now it feels like the power comes on a lot later, no smoke, and no tire spin..

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
no, i dont want just smoke brother, i want the power/speed.. the six gun on the SL is okay, im thinking the injectors might help. on my old program the turbo was boosting around 40-42psi and spooling quicker, and i could spin the 295's by just flooring it. Now it feels like the power comes on a lot later, no smoke, and no tire spin..
Oh ok no big deal, i read it wrong my bad:doh: if you want some nasty power, sell that banks 6 gun and get a smarty, these are T H E B E S T programmer you can get for the 5.9 CR cummins

Mads Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Dodge Tuning - Home

you will have smoke, power and you can spin tires anytime

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im almost done with it, then ill clean it up and post the pics

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Duallys from the rear are like looking at a chick with a nice A$$, i cant get enough of it:thumbsup::rof especially if it has aftermarket wheels and tires

1 - 20 of 32 Posts