Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking for a good service manual, I can get a factory service manual for 100-120 bucks, just wondering if there is a place I can get it cheeper. Iam not really a fan of the chilton or haynes, any body know of a solid one?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
do not get the haynes its horrible if you know how to use a wrench you odnt need that manual

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ haha ya thats what I figured, and dual k20's I dont want cd, I prefer book! Good to know tho thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the CD its the entire book just scanner into a computer its a picture of each page. but yeah i would prefer the real book but i'll wait till im not spending all my money on mods n ill get the printed version

·
Registered
847 Posts
Solid :confused013: :stirpot: I don't know what that means :hehe: just messing with you.

I have the big factory manual that I bought from genos, it's complete and probably the best out there.

·
4,002 Posts
FSM is the only way to go, ESPECIALLY when you start getting into tranny stuff.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
12vanothony...:hehe:

anyways....thanks for the info, now its just were I can find it cheapest. Definately going Factory though. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ya i read a factory manual for a halfton one time and the ting was huge it had all the info youd ever want in it, but i hear its expensive....If you have common sense the haynes is alright.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just ordered, yesterday, the FSM from Geno's.

1997 DODGE RAM FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

I got a back order notice from Geno's today. They did not say which item(s) (I ordered other stuff) were on back order, but they said they were waiting for their shipment from the factory.

Here is the email:

"Thank you for your business.
Providing you fast, accurate delivery of product is very important to us. We want you to receive your order as quickly as possible, and we do our best to keep an adequate supply of inventory on hand to ensure you receive your order promptly. However, many factors affect inventory levels which may unexpectedly cause a backorder situation. For example, sometimes we experience an unexpected "run" on a particular item beyond our normal sales level. Sometimes we offer a new item that sells at a higher than anticipated level. Or, sometimes a manufacturer is sold out of an item, and we must wait for a backorder from them.

Unfortunately, your order has been backordered pending receipt of the backordered product from the manufacturer.

We hope to be able to ship your order within 7 days.

We do NOT charge your credit card for any backordered items until your order is ready to ship.

On the day your order ships you will receive an email notification that your order has shipped with your tracking information.

If you would like to cancel this order or talk with us about alternative products which may be available, please contact us directly at (800) 755-1715 or (770) 886-2500.

Thank you for your business, and we sincerely apologize for this backorder situation."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts