Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been bugging me ever since I bought my truck. If the first gen's had four-door double-cabs and the third gen's do too, why wasn't it an option on the 2nd gen's? :thud:

G

·
The sales versus investment in tooling numbers weren't there. IOW, Dodge didn't figure it had a big enough market for the four doors. The way it looks, the MegaCab will be the biggest factory cab ever built.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
the crew cab conversions for the 2nd gens look so siick!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sales versus investment in tooling numbers weren't there. IOW, Dodge didn't figure it had a big enough market for the four doors. The way it looks, the MegaCab will be the biggest factory cab ever built.
Well, that was a dumb mistake on Dodge's part wasn't it? They look good, more convenient and I might add, Ford and Chevy had them at the time, so they kind of cut themselves out of that market. I mean 1994-2001 is kind of a long time to be the only one of the big three not to offer a quadcab. :thud:

i have never seen the crew conversion i bet it would look good though
There's plenty in here, they are drop dead sexy! http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/auto-body/51992-cost-stretching-2nd-gen-quadcab.html

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
...The way it looks, the MegaCab will be the biggest factory cab ever built.
Yeah, but how long did that last as I read recently the mega cab line is shutting down.

G

·
Yeah, but how long did that last as I read recently the mega cab line is shutting down.
Exactly. No matter how popular the four door cabs might be, it comes down to economics. If you can't sell enough of a product to justify the cost of making the product, you don't make the product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts