Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 04.5 dodge quit running yesterday and would not start.The lift pump went out at only 38,000 miles. I called Dodge and they had it towed to Huntington Beach Dodge.I assumed it would be covered by the 7/70 mile warranty and so did the service writer.The dealer calls me and said Dodge would not cover it,truck is completly stock.I called Dodge and they told me they would pay for half only.I called my local dealer,I was 100 miles from home thats why it's not at my local dealer,and he,local dealer, told me they just did an update lift pump on an 04.5 and Dodge covered it under the 7/70 warranty.My local dealer tried to enter the info for my truck and it would not accept it under warranty.My local dealer sent an email of the truck they repaired for the same problem and wants to find out why they won't repair my truck.I asked about the emmision warranty covering it and I was told the diesel powertrain is suppose to cover it.Anyone have this problem and what advice do you have to get warranty to fix it?Thanks

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
That doesn’t sound right. You may have to take it up with a regional rep.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I don't know off the top of my head. I know other member have done this before. I will poke around and see what I can dig up. Come on guys help a fellow member out. It looks like he is getting jacked around here!!!!

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
did you call a different dealership then? that makes no sense.. for it not to be under warranty if truck is bone stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you call a different dealership then? that makes no sense.. for it not to be under warranty if truck is bone stock.
I have spoke to my local dealer and the dealer where my truck was towed to.I spoke to 2 different people at Dodge and they won't budge.I'm not impressed with Dodge especially when this has been an ongoing problem with the lift pumps.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Mine was covered 100%. I did not even pay the deductable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My brother in law just got his replaced here in KC on an 04.5 with 65K under warranty.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Well, if possible I'd say pay to get it done just to get rolling. Then when you get back home have your local dealer contact you when the regional rep is in town and set up a meeting...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm begining to think that auto warrneties are more a scam.. something breaks and they find every reason of why it wouldn't be covered. Hope it all works out... my warrenty is about to expire, 62,500 on the old ticker.... don't know if I should extend it or not.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Dealers all across the country have gotten tighter and tighter on warranty work since around the end of 2007. If they don't know you or you are from out of town the word to the service dept's is defualt deny. Many are in danger of bankrupcy. Corporate is tightening the screws.

Good luck.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow I talked to a dealer around here and they are willing to do warranty work because it keeps the techs busy and the dealership going as they arent selling many cars or trucks. This view seems to make more sense. They get paid by Chrysler to do it

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just buy an airdog or fass and put that on. 100 times better than the stock pump anyways.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I would get a written record for the denial. I don't see where this is a dealers discretion item.

·
Banned
400 Posts
You ought to see what happens when corporate comes in to do warranty audits. They are killing the dealers more and more on this. It's an easy penny-pinching measue. One i not dotted, on t not crossed and the dealer gets stiffed. That old argument about warranty work being a money maker is only for the purpose of keeping tech employed that would otherwise being getting laid off right now.

Getting warranty work is becoming more like pulling teeth than a routine portion of a new vehicle purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would get a written record for the denial. I don't see where this is a dealers discretion item.
Yes its not a dealer problem its a problem from Dodge.I really like the truck,I bought new 3-04 and this is the first major problem.I'm really disappointed the way DODGE is handling this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts