Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kind of new to this site but i just thought i would let everyone know that i have alot of experience and tips about the upholstery in our dodges. If anyone has any questions or concerns pertaining to the upholstery or interiors i would love to help. I know alot of people have helped me. I have done alot of custom jobs and might be able to lend some ideas.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I am kind of new to this site but i just thought i would let everyone know that i have alot of experience and tips about the upholstery in our dodges. If anyone has any questions or concerns pertaining to the upholstery or interiors i would love to help. I know alot of people have helped me. I have done alot of custom jobs and might be able to lend some ideas.
like what and where in tx..iam in austin...i am thinking about doing my seats

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
more info on your "tips"

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My concern is that no one can make an interior that will got 500,000 miles!

I would love nothing more than to be able to get my hands on a re-upholstery kit for our trucks.

Factory cloth, maybe some patching foam to rebuild the drivers seat outside edge. Remove the existing and install the replacement, I HATE cheap looking seat covers.

I for one really like the seats in my truck nice and firm.

Mine at 239,000 look better than my old F250 at 148, but will need some help soon.

:confused013:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What i mean by tips is if someone is doing the work themselves and need help redoing a headliner or recovering a dash for example. I have done alot of custom jobs as far as seats, h-liners, dynomat, consoles, shifter boots, etc.

As far as seats go. I have the darker grey interior and i am going to convert my seats to black leather with grey tuck and roll inserts. Makes it look more sporty. Adding gel pads for comfort. (dodge didnt really design our seats for the most comfortable ride)

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
do you have pictures of your work?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have the cloth seats have all the different colors in it, that material was discontinued awhile back. May be able to find it somewhere tho. If your wanting to patch your foam go to an upholstery shop and get like some three inch foam and glue it in and shape it with an electric turkey knife. Haha, i know it doesnt make sense but it works really good. I can help with any questions you have if you do it yourself.

·
Diesel Junkie
9,209 Posts
what about your other work?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is there any way to switch just the bottom portion of the seat from one side to the other? They get worn out on the outside edge from sliding in and out of the truck but the inside edge of the seat stays perfect (and higher. I was thinking that if there was an easy way to switch just the bottom seating portion of the seat from one side to the other, they may feel like new again and last a lot longer. They look pretty symetrical (from the limited thinking and looking I have done so far). Any Thoughts?

Jeff

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Is there any way to switch just the bottom portion of the seat from one side to the other? They get worn out on the outside edge from sliding in and out of the truck but the inside edge of the seat stays perfect (and higher. I was thinking that if there was an easy way to switch just the bottom seating portion of the seat from one side to the other, they may feel like new again and last a lot longer. They look pretty symetrical (from the limited thinking and looking I have done so far). Any Thoughts?

Jeff
the entire seat bottom is held on with 4 ten mm headed bolts, the bottoms will switch side to side, but they dont fit exactly right(seat belt cut out) also one side of seat bottom (outter edge) has cloth on one edge and leatherette on the other, it did not quite feel right when sitting on it so I switched it back, and found another bottom

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just bought the replacement heater pad and pulled the bottom cushion
out. Upon taking the sides and back loose and working towards the front,
there are three metal loops holding the top cover from shifting. I need to
get these off because the new heater pad goes around these loops. How
do I deal with these?

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
I've got the rear electric motor on the driver side seat that went out. I picked up a complete drivers seat with all the motors intact and I need to figure out how to remove that one motor and swap it to my truck.

Also I've got black factory leather and my driver seat it shot!! Where can I get new black leather bottom along with the padding so I can get the seat looking in better shape. I'm not gonna redo the back rest since it looks pretty good for 226k miles. Let me know something soon. I'm tired of the seat having that squatting feeling lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just swapped my seat bottoms this weekend it will work. 4 10mm headed bolts on the bottom. However they are slightly different, the inside of the seat bottom next to the console is vinyl and slightly narrower so when you put the pass side on the driver side the vinyl shows (big deal) and there is a small gap between the plastic side piece and the cushion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Jeff
th seat foam on the top is the same as far as symetrical goes. the bottom where the foam sits on the fram may be a hair different but it is no big deal. you can take the back of the seat off and pull the cover of the bottom cushion on both sides and switch em. it very common to have problems with the driver seat wearing out from slidin in and out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What about changing the material on the door panels? It's looking a little ragged and is ugly anyway. It was probably ok in 2002 but damn, it's ugly. Its the multi color crap.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i have a 04 and I am in desperate need of a drivers seat cover, manual.. ..

help?

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,105 Posts
I thought the "OP" was gonna give us some tips or info on where to get upholstery or other stuff... I haven't seen any help, info or tips yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.