Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
I am running the Mled setup for the easy of install and maintence on a newer ram. It won't put out as much light as the HID setup, but it is still WAY better than stock.

This is just one side.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I am running the Mled setup for the easy of install and maintence on a newer ram. It won't put out as much light as the HID setup, but it is still WAY better than stock.

This is just one side.

I dunno bud. That’s pretty damn bright
Pictures will look brighter then in person, unless you adjust your camera settings.

Why not use 4 hids instead of 4 leds. Is it possible?

Regarding the new headlights.
Yeah it's possible. I'm currently building a quad setup.

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
just a potato camera so no adjustment. They are on par with my old Mini h1 setup for brightness. The width is the issue, but my back fence is ~50' wide so you get an idea of how wide they are.

Reason for 4 LED is just marketing and ease of install the hardest part of the setup is baking the headlights. 4 HID's would require a lot of wiring for the end user to install.

Pros and cons to each setup, pick your poison.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
You also don't want to use the same projectors in the same setup. You want one set to take over the short comings of the other set. I'm using the G5-EXL for the distance and the MD2S 4.0 for the width. The MD2S will also be aimed to sides a bit so i get better width to see animals.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: me78569

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I'll post a picture when I'm done. They are the nut and bolt method I've done

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would like to know if these new lights will be setup out of the box for DRLs or if DRLs need to be activated through the dealer or tool like the autel?

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just heard back from TRS. They will be bright. Not as bright as HID’s (for obvious reasons) but bright none the less.

Looking forward to seeing a video release of light output compared to hid setup and compared to stock setup.

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
I would like to know if these new lights will be setup out of the box for DRLs or if DRLs need to be activated through the dealer or tool like the autel?
unless they grab power for DRL from a none OEM place then DRL will need to be enabled. Given that they are plug and play I am guessing the latter.

·
Registered
421 Posts
They will work exactly like the OEM.

I'm curious why they did a standalone amber signal and never made the entire lower bar a switchback.. my best guess is the electronics for a SB isnt as reliable or something along those lines. I have switchbacks from diode dynamics and I've had a ton of issues at first but their latest product seems to be great.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,015 Posts
I ran switchbacks about 6 years ago, and had constant issues with them. I got switchbacks for my current truck from headlight revolutions, and have absolutely zero issues with them. I think the issues with switchbacks has been solved.

I think at $1300, there should be a couple options, in terms of the LED board set up, i love the progressive amber, but i agree it should do something about the entire bottom, not just the little strip.

In terms of grabbing power for the DRL, i bet the power is snagged from the running light circuit, which you can set your DRL to with AE. on quad trucks (not sure about projector trucks) the DRL circuit is set by the factory to be low power in the high beam circuit., not really a good place to snag power from as that would also be turning on the high beam being LED, unless they have a module in the housing that won't turn on the LED unless full voltage is applied, which i doubt. CA spec trucks are probably going to have issues with the high beams being on with these the more i think about it. But like i said, the DRL feature can be disabled, or moved to another light with AE

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So if a bulb goes out your down $1500+ dollars or that you just cant switch to a different type of LED?
They are fully integrated LED chip sets. There is no way to do a direct swap for HID’s in their place. That’s what they told me.

So not sure what the warranty process will look like.

41 - 60 of 474 Posts