Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

461 - 474 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Jimmy you take OCD to a new level Sir as those look 10x better than stock lol.

Is there photographic evidence from anywhere that look like what you think it should look like as I don't know what to look for?

I'll wait on getting these if you can confirm there is an issue with clocking/aiming and now melting etc.

Thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
Nothing personal, Rick, but instead of me going back in this thread and finding posts with photos of what I think you want to see, wouldn't it be easier if you did it?

If you also read some of the prior posts, you'll find more evidence of incorrect clocking, non-functional adjustment screws, etc.
Since none of my three pairs have ever been subjected to sunlight, I can't confirm any melting. But unless someone photo shopped that photo, it sure looks like that's yet another potential problem.

Lastly, the XBs may look 10 times better than stock to you, but that doesn't mean that they actually do. I think they look barely tolerable, but was willing to put up with that to get better lighting.
Now, about a year after paying for them, I know better. Not that it means that you couldn't end up with a perfectly functional pair.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll hold off as I have never had LED or aftermarket lights so thought yours looked great; but I can see now what you mean.

I was just hoping these would work good enough.

I appreciate your looking for better quality and at that price they should be perfect.

I'll stick with stock until something comes out that will be worth 1500.00.

Take care.

Rick

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
Nick00less can fix you up with something better than the XBs. And for less money.

And today I got an email from TRS saying that my third set made it back okay. It should mean that I'm getting a full refund, so at least their warranty and customer service is very good.

Again, there must be tons of these lights out there, but somehow I'm a magnet for the bad ones.

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
Okay, gotta give credit where credit is due.
TRS refunded my money this morning. That was quick.

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
Do you think that's from having the lights on? I'd think it's sunlight being reflected off of the projectors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My guess is the sun hitting the projectors is causing this. Either way it’s extremely disappointing. I had one light replaced for this and TRS said it was covered. So I had to prepay 550.00 and they sent me a replacement. The really awesome part is these scumbags only refund me 500.00 Needless to say I won’t be buying anything from TRS. This company in my opinion, scammed everyone with the preorder setup and strung everyone along using our money to manufacture a substandard product.

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
So I had to prepay 550.00 and they sent me a replacement. The really awesome part is these scumbags only refund me 500.00
Ah, for the third pair they wanted me to put down a deposit, too. I said, no, I haven't had to do it in the past, and I'm not doing it now.
Basically, doing so would've amounted to them having $2,350 and me nothing...until I got the replacements and the deposit refunded.

So they sent me the new lights. Not before they got the old ones back, but that I understand.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good thing that I saved the box and boxes that the lights came in, they sent me a return label and will get replacements due to the melting and P/S flickering, so tomorrow they go back and will be waiting on the new ones, nice thing that they have a 5 year warranty and I only had them since late April.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,024 Posts
...... replacements due to the melting and P/S flickering,....... I only had them since late April.
Kinda makes me wonder.....Not trashing on Moriomoto, they make excellent products. But makes me wonder if they went to cheap in places and charged to much for all the issues everyone seems to be having with them

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
They do have a good warranty.

So you apparently got a pair that worked correctly, but didn't last. Unless they have changed something, why would your new pair last more than six months?
Aside from that the days are shorter for the next six, so they may not melt for eight months.

·
Registered
12,748 Posts
...all the issues everyone seems to be having with them
It probably isn't everyone.

I'm sure many won't notice if the projectors are clocked wrong, and others never even tried to adjust theirs.
But when the cosmetic side of them starts to deteriorate, that's different.

Personally I couldn't care less if the plastic melted, as long as the function was still there. None of mine ever saw daylight, and weren't installed very long, so melting wasn't an issue.
I can't see how they wouldn't all be the same from a melting standpoint, so if most are parked outside (especially if facing south), all but those in Oregon should end up melted.
This could get interesting.

461 - 474 of 474 Posts