Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just released from The Retro Fit Source. They’re replicas(ish) of the 2019 and come as a complete kit with everything needed for a plug n play install.

Expensive but look nice!

Video

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6R-IaglNy/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/dodge-ram-xb-led-heads.html?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Dodge+Ram+XB+LED+heads+now+available+for+pre-order+&[email protected]+TRS!&_rmId=BbxkYqMkQ5tJwZl7xQVbhx1gNJ789GH10lq

Also released are the new matching Dodge Ram XB LED Taillights

Not as expensive-definitely more affordable.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/09-18-dodge-ram-xb-led-tails.html

·
Registered
421 Posts
Love these, I've probably spent almost 1000 into my stock lights. Wish these would have come out sooner.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Interesting and yes, pricey.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Definitely getting a set of these

·
Registered
700 Posts
But are they better? Brighter? I have no idea-

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Product description leaves a lot to be desired for $1300!!

Just sent them an email asking for clarification on this vague description

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
For $1300 they better be the brightest option, period.

I wonder if they even have a set yet because they said they won’t arrive until December.
They won't be. LED has not passed up HID yet. HIDs are still brighter then LEDs. The problem is they cannot keep the LEDs cool enough without having a heat sink or some other form of cooling that's small enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Love these, I've probably spent almost 1000 into my stock lights. Wish these would have come out sooner.

Did you have someone build you a set?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Yes

It's expensive to have someone build you a set. I'm currently building a set for me and it will cost between 6 and $700, and that was with a Black Friday discount on the parts. When they are done I wouldn't doubt if they cost over $2,000 to have someone build them.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They won't be. LED has not passed up HID yet. HIDs are still brighter then LEDs. The problem is they cannot keep the LEDs cool enough without having a heat sink or some other form of cooling that's small enough.

Well s*** that answers my question. That sucks :banghead:

·
Registered
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Sounds like you had a great set. Did you do the shield drop mod? I personally run 35w ballasts since the 55w will eventually burn the bowl.

I'm sure these ones will be great, just not the best you can get.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like you had a great set. Did you do the shield drop mod? I personally run 35w ballasts since the 55w will eventually burn the bowl.

I'm sure these ones will be great, just not the best you can get.

I did. Hid’s would never cooperate with my (‘18) truck (zero issues on last 2 trucks). I would have to flip switch 2-4 times before both ballast would fire up and bulbs would turn on. Multiple warranties with ballast and harness. Only after driving for a short while would they (both) fire up immediately with zero issues. Got tired of throwing away money at it so I sold them. Headlights performed well when the hid kit decided to turn on.

Gonna stick with my stock quads for now. These new ones looked appealing but my gut says don’t do it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I’ll be interested to see these in action for sure, I had some projectors retro fitted into my quads with HIDs and never had real trouble with the HIDs but every truck I’ve seen with factory LEDs like the fords and heck even my wife’s Grand Cherokee make me jealous and want LEDs! Guess I might have to wait for the 2020s or these to come out!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I am more concerned how they actually look on the truck installed... I would need to see installed pics... It can either look good, or look like a horrible ebay modification job....

1 - 20 of 474 Posts