Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor is that Dodge is increasing the power half way through the 2011 model year. Anyone confirm this? :confused013:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Rumors suck. Nobody know anything for sure yet ,all speculation. As soon as this info is released to the public it will be all over this forum. Probably 14 different threads about it:rof:hehe:

·
Dont Upset The Hulk....
8,750 Posts
"Rumor" has it that Dodge is going to up the power, significantly, but they want to do it after or at the same time, as the release of the new 8-speed auto trans.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
"Rumor" has it that Dodge is going to up the power, significantly, but they want to do it after or at the same time, as the release of the new 8-speed auto trans.
There is no 8 speed for the HD's. The 8 speed is for the Hemi's.
As for the rumor of the HP rating being upped for the 2011.5, we are already 20 days late for that. The half model typically starts at Christmas vacation.
There is nothing on dealer connect with ANY date for upping the HP on the HD's.

Reactions: ZDiesel

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yah half year began in Jan.

Wait is there honestly a 8-speed tranny coming out?? Not the Eaton fuller one. If so I hope its an OLD horseshoe pattern! :D.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
This thread is classic. Here's the formula:

1) Think something up you WISH FOR.
2) Say "Rumor has it (and then type your wish)."
3) Then ask if anyone knows anything.

Then a bunch of people talk about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and MIS-INFORMATION spreads like wildfire.

·
Premium Member
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This thread is classic. Here's the formula:

1) Think something up you WISH FOR.
2) Say "Rumor has it (and then type your wish)."
3) Then ask if anyone knows anything.

Then a bunch of people talk about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and MIS-INFORMATION spreads like wildfire.
:S:The rumor came from Allpar. They get the information from insider people who work for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.

Reactions: HavasuAZ and ktex

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
:S:The rumor came from Allpar. They get the information from insider people who work for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep.
Cools. Do you have the link? Love to read it.

·
Premium Member
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Good info. I wonder how accurate it is?

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Ram pickup trucks
oh20 wrote: “Dodge is currently working on a plan that would make the Ram 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs available to all Ram dealers.” The hybrid Ram is expected eventually, possibly as a plug-in hybrid. Expect a diesel power boost in mid-calendar-year-2011. The Cummins V6 and V8 diesels appear to be delayed until 2013-2014 except for military use (possibly/probably not in Ram trucks).

Commercial heavy-duty trucks (e.g. tractors) might be planned, though they could be Ivecos rather than Ram chassis cabs, and aren't expected until 2015 at the earliest. Reportedly heavy duty truck development is being slashed.

A new-Dakota-based one-ton Europickup is planned. Ram 2500 gained 2,000 lb of trailer towing capacity with the 4.1 rear axle. 2010 Ram 2500/3500 for other 2011 changes. Ram 1500 page for other 2011 pages.
Mid calendar year 2011 would be the introduction of 2012's.

There is nothing on the drawing board about an 8 speed for the diesels. The 8 speed coming out is going in the rear wheel car lineup.

·
Registered
705 Posts
That site says a lot of things. At one point it says this:
ZF and Chrysler worked together on a tough TorqueFlite-like eight speed automatic transmission, with a torque rating of a rumored 650 (or higher) pound-feet. It uses three planetary gearsets, each of which costs about as much as a whole light duty transmission. This will be used with the Pentastar V6 in Chrysler 300, as well as on SRT8 and other cars.
Then a little further down is the blip about the 8 speed being in the HD Ram pickups.

It also says the 1500 ram could get the V8 Cummins by 2013-2014. Only time will tell what is hype and what is reality.

·
Premium Member
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good info. I wonder how accurate it is?
The people at Allpar are Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep fanatics, so they are passionate about reporting accurate information. The accuracy is only as reliable as the source. In this case scenario, Chrysler/Dodge./Jeep make a lot of comments, statements, and predictions that don’t always come true. One reason why I started this thread is to pull in other sources of information to determine how true this is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
cummins

Google cummins allpar and should pull up.At bottom it says 2011 and beyond.Says mid 2011 expect power boost and 8 speed automatic.Probably goes toward 2012 trucks or beyond.HMmmmm?:shock:

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
I enjoy reading allpar as much as the next guy. But MUCH of their information is wishful and fun -- not fact based. I'm still waiting on the V-8 Cummins 1500 trucks that were supposed to come out in 2008.

Reactions: DodgeMech

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I agree. I am not saying Allpar is not a good source of info, but you can find info or mis-info to support your (anyone's) particular case just about anywhere. No knocking them.....as stated only time will tell.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i heard they are going to be using a massive 4 cyl detroit lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
I posted in another thread, that about 2 weeks ago I sent an e-mail to Chrysler asking about tow ratings. I got a call the next day and the guy told me changes would be coming in the spring. He did not give out any other information.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts