Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving around today and the truck starts vibrating like crazy under a load. Everytime i hit the throttle the truck shakes till I let off. What is this? Death wobble? Or something else ? It feels like my tires are really out of balance. I have no idea what it is please help. ! Thanks

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
check your drive line? does it do it in neutral?(wait im an idiot you mentioned under load) does it in any gear?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Where do you feel the shake. Is it a steering shake or a powertrain shake. My guess would be u-joint(s).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya ill have to check tomo. umm does it worse as i go through the gears. it just shakes everywhere. like it rattles my damn dash. i have no idea what it is. it could be U joints though.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
check to see if you notice driving with out a load when your downshifting between 4 to 3 or for you maybe 5th to 4th because mine shakes like the whole truck but its when iam slowing down unloaded.

·
Registered
151 Posts
same thing happens to me. (with out a load) gets realy bad after 70mph

·
Registered
376 Posts
just a thought:
if you have the live front axle cheack that u joint. mine was shot so i fixed it, but it still had the "shake" you are describing, turned out because of the ujoint being so sloppy the bolts that hold the front drive shaft flange onto the transfercase started to back out from all the shaking. i pulled them out one by one and put locktight on them. the shake is gone

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so found out today it shakes worse with my chip up(more torque??) and it does not shake noticably on downshifts. And by load i ment load on the motor, not towing. And thanks Kfelt ill check my transfer case and up front today!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
definitely sounds like a U-joint, pretty easy fix usually.

·
Registered
151 Posts
awesome ill check mine tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts