Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford has the Xplan. Chevy has the Friends and Family or somesuch. Both allow for the purchase of vehicles below invoice AND getting the current incentives too.

My question....does Dodge have a similar program?

Joezilla

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
yep we have a friend that gets a new one every 2 years from her brother who works for Dodge. She gets a pin from him. He has so many pins to give to family each year if I remember right

chris

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how does one get a pin if he has no brother or other family that works for Dodge?

Joezilla

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
that is kinda the rub now isn't it haha!!

From what I have seen and having the Chevy friends and Family plan available to me is that you can get as good a deal if you are a shrewed buyer. I priced a chevy and the deals I could get from Dodge were better so I went that route. I may still go that way with the car I need to get for my wife some day

Chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ford has the Xplan. Chevy has the Friends and Family or some such. Both allow for the purchase of vehicles below invoice AND getting the current incentives too.

My question....does Dodge have a similar program?

Joezilla
If you can purchase from the right individual you don't need the "special plan."

If you bring up "Fleet Sales" to a salesman...any old Joe of an auto salesman will say he is one.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

If you live in Mesquite...you are just west of a Dealer that has a Fleet Salesman.

Mine stickered for over 46. I got the 4500 rebate...ate into his dealer holdback by 278 or so. The truck had 1600(list) worth of options. Let's just say there is a 100% markup on the extra options...so $1,078 below invoice. I told him that I was not interested in these extra options. He said that was fine... and the paper work was signed. Before TTL I was +/- $10,000 under MSRP.

Not once did I get the..."I gotta make a little to keep the lights on" or "that $450 - $750 advertizing fee is standard practice...BUBKIS!!! A Fleet Salesperson sells vehicles sometimes at a loss. If he moves enough vehicles, he is helping to keep the factory open. They receive a LARGE payment from the manufacturer. This is a Fleet salesman.

Could I have done better? Maybe. I have access to the "Special plans" for GM and Ford through the company I work for. On comparable vehicles...no one else came close.

Just food for thought. Good Luck

PS...If it sounds like I don't tipically like car sales people...well I don't. MSRP prices and even ones that are marked up are rediculess to me. There is plenty of profit to be made without a "preditory" type sales team of which most of use have seen. We've all seen the guys that are almost foaming at the mouth when young girls or women enter the lot. I'm not trying to be sexist here. I've seen several females that put most guys "Car" knowledge to shame. In banking, the fed will slap you silly if they see this.

Okay...I'll climb down now...sorry

·
On a new learning curve!
1,053 Posts
with all the incentives I got mine for 13500 off of the list price of 45,7??. Plus I Got step bars and bedliner thrown in. The includes 500 farm bureau discount and 500 customer loyalty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To bad the Farm Bureau discount is no longer the switch to chevy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as being west of a fleet salesman, would we be talking Randall Noe Dodge in Terrell? They advertise as selling 3500's $12,000 below MSRP, but I'm sure that includes the $2000 or so "loyalty" money.

Joezilla

·
Registered
91 Posts
It suck not getting a discount like ford and chevy, but if you find the right dealer you can get a hell of a deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts