Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my truck shift to 4th gear and sometimes when I switch from park to drive just start jerking and engine quit runnig. take truck to dealer and they said I need new solenoid they found metal in the pan .. this truck only do this when wheather is cold .well yesterday I replace the solenoid valve and still doing the same .. spend $450 for nothing

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Torque converter is one of your problems. The other is your use of the English language. Please improve

·
Premium Member
15,620 Posts
If this a 07.5+ plus with a 6.7 engine you have the 68RFE. They have issues with the filters cracking and bledding pressure back into the clutch lockup circuit in the TC causing dragging and stalls under certain conditions.

That is one potential problem. If you have metal in the pan, that is another deal entirely and may also be the source of the problem. You will likely have to have the trans gone thru by somebody that understnads the 68RFE and their weaknesses.

This is the 5,9 seciton so if you do have a 6.7 and 6 speed auto the 07.5+ forums might be better help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts