Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'08 ram 4500 front tow hooks will fit any third gen truck? I found a set, but not sure in they will fit my '03. I'm sure I can make them fit, but was just curious if it'll be a bolt on or not.

I like the round '08 4500 hooks WAY better than the goofy looking stockers that most 3rg gens came with. You can actually get a clevis in the '08 4500 hooks.

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Can you measure the center to center distance on the four bolt holes? I can run out and measure my stockers and let you know what it is....

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Left to right the stock bolts are 4.5" center to center.Top to bottom is 2.5":thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
How do those bolt on? I can't tell from the picture.......

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look like from the sides and maybe on the bottom. How do your's? Is it just the 4 bolts, or are there bolts on the sides too?

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
Look like from the sides and maybe on the bottom. How do your's? Is it just the 4 bolts, or are there bolts on the sides too?

I believe mine are the same as the 03....4 bolts from the front.....none on the sides.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got the Ram 4500 hook listed above. Guess Ill see if they bolt on or wether I have to fab up some kind of mount for them. Either way, I love the Open loop style much better than the retarded style hooks that come on the 3rd gen trucks. I'll try and get pics when they get here and I get them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts