Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What will the 2023 MY bring us?

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I'm just getting back to the states but according to my local Ford dealer there is also a $13k scanner needed for reading the check engine codes. The regular scanner at any dealer will not read the F450 and up models. Ford makes it difficult for dealers to sell the medium duty trucks and requires mechanics to be certified to work on the medium duty trucks. The OP's arrogance will only get him into a hole he doesn't understand until he needs a dealer to tell him what a diag code means. This is the same reason not all Ford dealerships carry Rousch or Shelby products, they require the dealership to purchase tools and scanners solely intended for that product line.
Derpity derp derp, derp derp derp. :ROFLMAO:

You may be the adult in the room but so far you weren't aware of detuning a med duty truck and you're not up to speed on what your Ford med duty will require when you can't read the CL codes. Its one thing to ask questions on a forum, its a whole different thing to be a keyboard smartass.
Derp.

I did know about the C&C detuning. I didn't know that tuning was harder to come by for them in the RAMS. In the 6.7 Scorpion world, the tuning is a non issue. I've heard the C&C trucks have had different hard parts like a smaller turbo, but other than that nothing that would hinder their ability to be tuned.
What is it you're trying to accomplish here? I think we've moved past nosey neighbor trying to tell me how to put up my new fence and now we're getting into what color he'd like it to be.

However if you're not quite done, please continue because

·
Registered
519 Posts
No inside info, but saw a web article that claims the 2023 Chevy will have 505 HP and 1085 ft-lb.
If true, Ram will be under pressure to match the engine and transmission combination. The competition are not derating their ¾ ton models, and so the 68RFE looks like it will need replacing if Ram is to compete on an even footing.

2023 Chevy Silverado HD Will Deploy Diesel Engine With Over 500 Horses
https://pickuptrucksus.com/2023-chevy-silverado-hd/
The rumor claims that the new 2023 Chevy Silverado will use more powerful Duramax diesel. It will come with a V8 engine that will produce 505 horsepower and 1,085 pound-feet.
pickuptrucksus dot com/2023-chevy-silverado-hd/

·
Sasquatch
3,624 Posts
No inside info, but saw a web article that claims the 2023 Chevy will have 505 HP and 1085 ft-lb.
If true, Ram will be under pressure to match the engine and transmission combination. The competition are not derating their ¾ ton models, and so the 68RFE looks like it will need replacing if Ram is to compete on an even footing.

2023 Chevy Silverado HD Will Deploy Diesel Engine With Over 500 Horses
https://pickuptrucksus.com/2023-chevy-silverado-hd/
The rumor claims that the new 2023 Chevy Silverado will use more powerful Duramax diesel. It will come with a V8 engine that will produce 505 horsepower and 1,085 pound-feet.
pickuptrucksus dot com/2023-chevy-silverado-hd/
Fwiw, TFL tested the Ram 2500 with the 68 against the 445 hp version on the Duramax with the 10 speed and found the 0-60 in the Colorado altitude and towing tests are nearly identical. On the downhill, the 68 had better logic to help with engine braking.

With the supply issues for the near future, I wouldn't be surprised if Stellantis sticks with what they can get their hands on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interested in this thread. Just sold my truck and was going to order a 2022 3500 Longhorn, but i have opted not to because there are no color options..... Like come on, 2 whites, 2 greys, 2 reds, blue and black!?!?!?! what happened to the Green!?!? Its crazy to see. You would think the higher trim levels they would give you more color options. For years it has been the same, the higher trim level you get the less color options you get, but the more tech garbage you can get.

Aside from that. does anyone have any idea when we will even start to hear about the 2023 to see what is in store?

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,143 Posts
Aside from that. does anyone have any idea when we will even start to hear about the 2023 to see what is in store?
More delays, return of some options, removal of other options due to shortages, possible war with Russia and Ukraine, which won't affect much, if china does anything with Taiwan then everything will get worse due to them being a major supplier of chps and tech. I wouldn't bet money on anything new coming out of the pipes until the pipes are reliable again. Thats why you are seeing massive corporations building new factories here, to replace ones in Asia that are no longer reliable

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Interested in this thread. Just sold my truck and was going to order a 2022 3500 Longhorn, but i have opted not to because there are no color options..... Like come on, 2 whites, 2 greys, 2 reds, blue and black!?!?!?! what happened to the Green!?!? Its crazy to see. You would think the higher trim levels they would give you more color options. For years it has been the same, the higher trim level you get the less color options you get, but the more tech garbage you can get.

I think they discontinued the green -

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i believe you are right. What is strange is that you can get the power wagon in the green still.
Its just an odd color of green, maybe a different shade of green would have been market friendly?????

·
Bangin' through the gears
5,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
This part is true… at least for the Ram4500/5500. I have to take it to a commercial dealership for anything that requires taking the wheels off, suspension, or steering related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this a joke? Clown world is sad, yet still kinda funny.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Dirtbiking actually. Although the snow bikes have peaked my interest.
Since this thread is so far off topic, it's zip code changed....
Sno bikes are a BLAST! 'Bout the most fun you can have with your pants on!
Where they excel in tight trees and steep terrain, though, they fall down in raw power.
Around here, they are great. If I was riding 10kft + back in CO and big open terrain, I'd be on a sled though.

Reactions: Sandaholic

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Reactions: Wombat Ranger

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
In my opinion, I don't need more than a six speed transmission with a long stroke Cummins straight six. They are a low RPM lugger, and I don't need the constant high reving RPM a V-8 does, with constant shifting to keep the RPM high. I've had several RAM's and the transmission always did a good job, never caused any trouble, and let the engine do what it does well, lower RPM pulling. My wife's car has a 9 speed, and all it does is shift for the same reason, to keep the RPM high and at an almost constant level. The huge major issued I'm having with RAM right now is a complete electronics nightmare nobody knows how to fix.

·
Premium Member
20,289 Posts
GM and Ram will be making big updates for 2024. Looks like Ram will be updating to either an 8 speed or 9 speed transmission for 2024. GM has already released their numbers (505 horsepower and 1,085 lb-ft of torque).

·
Premium Member
20,289 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: brutal

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I stopped watching TFL when it became abundantly clear they were clickbaiting to buy toys. Tired of the “we’re just like you” YouTube channels where they have $2-3 million worth of cars, in a shop worth more than most of our houses, and every other video is a “you’ll never guess what we just bought” about another brand new big-hype (and usually very high dollar) vehicle. Off-roading a Tesla model X? GTFO… zero people buy a Tesla to wheel it thru the mountains.

Reactions: Loki223

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
15,143 Posts
zero people buy a Tesla to wheel it thru the mountains.
I would totally do that. But then in order to afford it i would likely have $2-3 million worth of cars, in a shop worth more then most of our houses......but then i could make cool videos and tell people "you'll never guess what i just built" which would be a tesla powered yugo. for no reason whatsoever. But i would make sure it got a 12 inch or bigger touch screen worth more then the original car

101 - 120 of 164 Posts