Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I admit I am one of those guys who always wants the shiny new thing even if I don't need it. That said I have a bone stock 08 mega with just over 10k on it and never had any CEL's or issues at all.

So should I just force myself to leave what ever flash came in the truck there or is there some "upgrade" in the new ones that I should get?

I do lots of Freeway (SoCal, here we freeway to lunch) and only occasionally pull my 5th wheel around. Oh and you know that old saying about drive it like you stole it? Well my other car is a Trailblazer SS @420hp so both get driven that way, which is the other reason I have no dpf issues I would guess.

·
Registered
497 Posts
if its not broke dont fix it

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just had mine done and then left on a very long trip. At first I thought my fuel economy was worse. After I got further south the economy improved but upon thinking it through I figured I started running into summer blend of fuel. In any event there was nothing else negative and I didn't see any other differences. By the time I got to Las Vegas my overhead (usually accurate) was at 20.4mpg and that is pretty good for a dually

1 - 4 of 4 Posts