Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nv4500 between transmission tail housing and transfer case. Looks like from the factory there isn’t anything. Also where can I get a rubber washer for the front output shaft on a np241dhd?

·
Super Moderator
24,461 Posts
There should be a gasket between the trans and T case, don't use RTV. If you use RTV you'll have a big problem getting them separated if you would ever need to.

·
Super Moderator
24,461 Posts
The last couple times I needed a gasket I just went to a transmission shop and told him what I needed and he came back with one for me.

·
Registered
14,843 Posts
You can use RTV but it will make getting them apart a little more effort. If you cant find the gasket then I wouldn't be afraid to use some RTV. :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,434 Posts
If both the trani and TC have seals it does not even need a gasket. If it did not have one when it came apart it does not need one going back. If both units have seals, and I think they do, it is airspace between them and a gasket is just to make the bolts hold softer and not come loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.