Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that warmer weather is her my truck smokes terrible don't get me wrong i love smoke but their is a time and place for it and mine does it all the time unless you turn the juice to 0 and drive reasonable i know alot of you guy say that jammers are a dirty injecter and make alot of heat for the power they produce so my question is who make the best 100hp injecter thats cleaner burn and cooler better mpgs wouldn't hurt anything its not that i want no smoke i would just like it to smoke when i 'm really getting on it had with the chip on 5 or so if i don't do something i'll end up gettting in trouble with this thing the way it is and i was kind of hoping to put a 12cm housing on my turbo if i got some cooler running injecters cause it would be alot more driveable in town

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
DDP makes some of the best ones out there. More power, less smoke and better milage too.
Stay away from the so called budget injector if you do not want to end up with what you have now or worse

John:thumbsup

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
That is one LOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG sentence!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have jammer 3s and my truck would smoke alot with the stock turbo and egts would go over 1600.i put the aurora 3000 turbo on and now it only smokes when you first tromp the pedal then it goes away.the egts go to 1440 on level 6 hot.1/4 mile in 14.1 at 101 mph.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i had 100 horse jammers that smoked way to much i pulled them and went to a ddp 200 horse and the truck is much more street able with the programmer off but when you turn it on you can shut highways down with no problem

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i want to be able to tow heavy loads without watching the pyro would a 100 ddp injecter do that right now my low boost egts get high with no load but once it spools it keeps them manageable what i'm getting at is my truck seems alittle over turboed will these run cool enough to allow me to go bigger on the injecter or put a 12cm housing on my turbo to help it spool up

·
Registered
153 Posts
ya ddp makes a 110 but i would go with a 150 if you have a 62/14. A friend of mine is running the 150s with a 62/14 and he tows a huge gooseneck camper just fine. I am running 200s and when i turn my programmer off i can usally tow 10,000 pounds and keep the egts under 1200 but then again ddp claims you will see around 40 horse on the dyno going from 100 horse jammers to there 110 horse sticks. switching injectors is the best thing i have ever done to the truck for horse power and driveablity hope that helps

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just talked to ddp on the phone and he said that he couldn't help me unless i went to a 75 hp injector he said that his 75's would probably run like my jammer 3's and that low smoke was one thing that jammers are good for but his would have better idle quality well my idle is fine now but the rest of what he said is the opposite of what i've heard everywhere else but these guys are the experts right?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
i would be highly interested in buying your jammers off of you!! i love smoke!!!!! pm me with a price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts