Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two codes the other day. truck runs normal. The codes are P2000 and P2262. I've gotten the P2000 before, it's something to do with the emisions. The P2262 is something about the bost not being detected. I'm wondering what the codes were that others got before their turbos were replaced. Any info would help, not sure when I can get my truck into the dealer though. I've already put about 600 miles on it since friday but won't be doing that trip again until next weekend.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
2262 means that you should be getting a new turbo, depending if your service department has had experience with it. more than likely they will try to clean it but you will probably get the code again. stay on there arse until you get a new one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine has been in the shop three times for the 2262. They just clean it and give it back. I'm getting fustrated with it in the shop all the time, Is there an upgrated turbo?

·
Registered
125 Posts
i just got back from the dealer bout the p2262 code. they printed off the tsb(11-003-07) and it says make sure truck is at the latest flash. then says to continue with the repair procedure. he printed off the list of parts and there is about 15 other items as well as the turbo and the egr bull crap that needs to be replaced. the tech was at a dentist apt. so i have to go back tomorrow. he said more than likely u will have to have the turbo replaced.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
if they have to replace the turno tell them ya would like to keep the butterfly plate on the intake horn my tech buddy kept one for me and took the plate out so i still have my stock egr butterfly assembled in stock housing i dont know if they let ya keep them but ya can try they dont need to send that back for warranty purpose cause its in perfect working order

1 - 5 of 5 Posts